Win or Lose the Dems need to take a look in the mirror

Ugh.
Deleted User 310

Re: Win or Lose the Dems need to take a look in the mirror

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Cascadia wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:17 am Getting both senate seats in Georgia is going to be tough. I think it’s a split and the republicans maintain control of the senate for two more years. Democrats will take the senate in 2022 elections
I was surprised at how close some of the senate races were. Republicans almost won a few races i thought they'd definitely lose.

I am not sure this blue wave of the next 20 years is coming that you are predicting. And if the republicans get their heads out of their ass, i think they can steal back some voters who don't agree with the vocal far left.

Last 4 years the vocal far right chased away voters. Next 4 years the vocal far left may chase some of them back.
Deleted User 310

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:21 am How quick would pubs impeach otherwise?

just imagine the senate trial, with like 400 witnesses from various laptop repair shops...
Dumb.

Biden is widely respected by many/most members of congress on both sides of the aisle. And rightfully so.
Deleted User 310

pdub wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:20 am I think it's healthy with the current executive results that the legislature is split.
Same. I think it will create an environment where the 2 sides are more inclined to work together to get productive things accomplished. I think Biden can do that and cultivate that environment.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:25 am
pdub wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:20 am I think it's healthy with the current executive results that the legislature is split.
Same. I think it will create an environment where the 2 sides are more inclined to work together to get productive things accomplished. I think Biden can do that and cultivate that environment.
That’s an ideal scenario for me, but my guess is that the Democrats hold out hope of taking the senate in 2022 and don’t bring much to the negotiating table over the next 2 years
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Walrus wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:46 pm Oh they will lose, but look in the mirror? I doubt it. Past behavior is the most likely predictor of future behavior. They want a puppet in there who will get us into more wars.
From the guy who predicted the housing crash of 2019.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

So 4 more years of everyone complaining that nothing is getting done by Congress is healthy?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Need to work together and get better as a country.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Need to get Mitch to play nice
Deleted User 310

Cascadia wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:34 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:25 am
That’s an ideal scenario for me, but my guess is that the Democrats hold out hope of taking the senate in 2022 and don’t bring much to the negotiating table over the next 2 years
Which is the most frustrating part about how shit works in DC in this climate....their top priority is more power, not serving the people.

Biden will be a president that can get stuff done and appeal to both sides, if those sides will simply let him. Neither side has any appetite for compromise.
Deleted User 310

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:40 am Need to get Mitch a job as a walmart greeter in rural kentucky
Fyp
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Biden will appeal to both sides, sure, but will one side be willing to receive him?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

twocoach wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:36 am
So 4 more years of everyone complaining that nothing is getting done by Congress is healthy?
Yes. The system was set up to intentionally make it difficult to do stuff.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

There’s a difference between being difficult as a matter of pragmatic checks and balances, and being difficult cuz the senate majority leader considers anything that’s not his idea to be DOA
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:18 am There’s a difference between being difficult as a matter of pragmatic checks and balances, and being difficult cuz the senate majority leader considers anything that’s not his idea to be DOA
Agree here. Moscow Mitch is the problem
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Meh.
Here's where PhD's lib echo chamber comes into play.

And a related note, pdub's time on poli-bored is linked to Biden's acceptance speech - so a day or two.
Cherish it.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Wait, so you think the griping about Mitch is just a consequence of lib echo chambers?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

McConnell vowed to obstruct and block Obama before he was inaugurated. Refused to work with Pelosi on almost everything. Deny a legacy. That has been his life.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

How does Speaker get decided? Pelosi has to go. She's insane.

https://twitter.com/LACaldwellDC/status ... 65568?s=20