Fat, slow, pussies

Kansas Football.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Fat, slow, pussies

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

HenrySwanson wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:53 am
holidaysmore wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:52 am I hate bashing on Jayhawks, especially amateur athletes but Kendrick is the worst QB I have ever seen at KU. Something like 100 players entered the transfer portal yesterday. KU needs to drop off a bag for a proven QB ASAP and get this program steadied.
No. More. Transfer. Quarterbacks.
Agreed as a general principle right now because of scholarship numbers.

Of course, everyone is smarter after the fact. What if we take a transfer QB in February that is 2 years of Cam Newton? Or even 2 years of Bill Whittemore? Then Jalon Daniels has 2-3 seasons to play after that guy.

I can dream.
HenrySwanson

Post by HenrySwanson »

I would kill for a Whittemore, or better yet a Mark Williams. Both were juco transfers though, not FBS washouts like we've been scooping up the past 10 years.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

HenrySwanson wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:26 am I would kill for a Whittemore, or better yet a Mark Williams. Both were juco transfers though, not FBS washouts like we've been scooping up the past 10 years.
???

Miles Kendrick - Juco transfer
Jalon Daniels - High School
Thomas MacVittie - Juco transfer
Carter Stanley - High School
Peyton Bender - Juco transfer
Montell Cozart - High School
Ryan Willis - High School
Michael Cummings - High School
Jake Heaps - FBS Washout
Dayne Crist - FBS Washout
Jordan Webb - High School
Quinn Mecham - Juco transfer
Kale Pick - High School

Weis was a long time ago.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah FBS washouts were 7+ years ago. We've had exactly two competent QBs at Kansas. Willis and Stanley. One was not utilized correctly due to an infatuation with Cozart and he went to VaTech and played well there, and the other was always stuck behind Bender, Cozart AND Willis but still played well when given a chance and he showed what he can do during a semi-successful (for Kansas standards) in 2019.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:38 am Yeah FBS washouts were 7+ years ago. We've had exactly two competent QBs at Kansas. Willis and Stanley. One was not utilized correctly due to an infatuation with Cozart and he went to VaTech and played well there, and the other was always stuck behind Bender, Cozart AND Willis but still played well when given a chance and he showed what he can do during a semi-successful (for Kansas standards) in 2019.
The QB situation is actually kind of nuanced but there is a lot of incompetence involved.

Pick was benched after 1 game and his position was changed because Webb was Gill's guy. Insane.

Crist/Heaps were brought in because of Weis's ego. He thought everything about KUFB needed his decided schematic advantages and a complete overhaul that only he could make work. Enough said why that didn't work out.

I actually thought Cumming was pretty good, probably the best QB on the team, but the staff liked their other guys.

The Beaty era probably has a few more wins to it if Cozart would have stayed healthy for him and Beaty would not have made the insane decision to do all of the offensive game plan and playcalling himself--something he had never done at this level. Cozart was Beaty's guy who was always Beaty's opening starter. Willis couldn't get a fair shake because of it. Cozart, though, was made of glass.

Willis transferred a lot because of off-field issues.

Stanley is another guy that no staff liked, even though he was probably the best option. Never made full time starter until Dearmon came.

With Daniels, I don't know. I lean towards giving him every snap, but the kid just looks so out-of-sorts out there that it sends a message to the team that you don't care about trying to win a game. Granted, Kendrick isn't much, if any better.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Really liked Cummings. I think Beaty's first year goes a bit different if a walkon safety doesn't go low on a QB in the FREAKING SPRING GAME.

I mean, in 2014 he had a stretch of this for passing yards. 288, 235, 288, 278, 332. That's really good. With a 7 to 3 TD/INT split.

He was going to be THE GUY in 2015. He had proven that. Then the damn spring game.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Seeing that list of QBs it is no surprise how bad KU has been over the last decade.
For every MacVittie there is a D King at Miami who has completely changed that program. I often wonder what would have happened had Frank’s come to KU.
I’m seeing Jace Rude’s name thrown out as someone who us as fans would be interested in. Don’t know anything about him other than Beaty slow played offering and he ended up at UNC.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Would love Jace Ruder here. Just completed RS Sophomore year. So he could be here for 2 years.

Didn't play much this year or last year because Howell was so good. But he's a decent dual-threat guy. Would automatically be playing here.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

holidaysmore wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:39 am Seeing that list of QBs it is no surprise how bad KU has been over the last decade.
Player development and recognition of talent are factors too.

Willis went on to play at VT and Cozart went to Boise St.

Neither guy became a star or anything, but the mere fact that they could leave here and find meaningful playing time at significantly more successful programs means we weren't getting the most out of their talent while they played at KU.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Bingo.

Look what Snyder did with Collin Klein, who was just a big white wide receiver.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

“we” got rubed re: weis as a master of qb’s
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

We kind of did. But we should expect that as fans.

An administrator, who was a noted "football guy" should not have.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

That whole transaction is a microcosm of who those guys are to the core:

One's a BS artist. The other is a small timer.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i never trusted the latter

i mean, who spells Sean/Shawn that way?
HenrySwanson

Post by HenrySwanson »

I guess I had my dander up due to the guy who opened the season at QB - and began his college career at Pitt. And while Bender was technically a juco transfer also, he started out at Wazzu.

But points well taken.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Can we change this thread name?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Can I call a cornerback blitz in the Next Spring game?