McCormack??

Kansas Basketball.
MICHHAWK

Re: McCormack??

Post by MICHHAWK »

If the Big Dok can stay on the floor like he did Monday(34 minutes I think), less minutes for all other bigs not named Big Dok. Fine by me.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Fine by me too.
I love Dok crushing skulls.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:30 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:18 pm You guys can just stick to the politics board.
A 90% poli-bored poster indicated that the basketball threads are insufferable. LOL

Why do we have a politics dominated message board disguised as a Kansas Jayhawks sports message board?
Because Pdub won't listen to me. He's already starting to have to ban a bunch of people.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Big Dok is our best player.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

(Insert let it to gif here)

My guess is that everyone outside or the starters will have games where they get much less minutes than normal. This is how it works when you have more capable players than necessary. I assume the coach has some reason, be it match up, discipline issues or just rewards to others for a recent good practice.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:49 pm Big Dok is our best player.
MICH could be right.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

bump
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Next man up.
t_jayhawk

Post by t_jayhawk »

He reminds me of Silvio‘s first couple of games. A little lost, a little spazzy.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He’s going to be good.
Put him right in the mix.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

He should be playing more than Garrett if it's for the 4 position. Get him minutes now before he becomes totally useless in February.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

lobster wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:48 pm He should be playing more than Garrett if it's for the 4 position. Get him minutes now before he becomes totally useless in February.
Who would be the 5 then?

McCormack plays the "5" if he's the 1 in with Dedric.....but Self has already said having 2 bigs in causes it to be too clogged up for Dedric to operate.

Expect a lot of small ball and KJ at the 4 moving forward while there is no Dok.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

One again, I really like KJ Lawson.
Of course, if the switch has officially switched on for Grimes....
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Dotson
Vick
Grimes
Garrett
Lawson

Garrett plays better D at the four but I believe that KJ is a better scorer.
Holidaysmore - 2005
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:12 am
McCormack plays the "5" if he's the 1 in with Dedric.....but Self has already said having 2 bigs in causes it to be too clogged up for Dedric to operate.

Expect a lot of small ball and KJ at the 4 moving forward while there is no Dok.
I wonder, if while Dok is out, you see the majority of minutes with D. Lawson in the game we play 4 out, but then when Lawson rests, your options are Mitch or McCormack...I think in that case it might play out better to play them together and play more 3 guard stuff. (Maybe you play McCormack as the lone big but that's kind of putting him out on an island, and damn I don't want to see Mitch out there with 4 guards)

Deleted User 75

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:13 am

I wonder, if while Dok is out, you see the majority of minutes with D. Lawson in the game we play 4 out, but then when Lawson rests, your options are Mitch or McCormack...I think in that case it might play out better to play them together and play more 3 guard stuff. (Maybe you play McCormack as the lone big but that's kind of putting him out on an island, and damn I don't want to see Mitch out there with 4 guards)
I think you're exactly right...McCormack as a lone big would be tough. But throw him out there with Mitch and I think it works.

And on the flip side, I think Dedric thrives with the 4 guards (or KJ), and situationally if match ups dictate the need for 2 "bigs" then I think Mitch fits decently with him because mitch can hit 3s and give Dedric more space....if Self didn't like how Dok and Dedric fit due to spacing then I see no reason why that logic wouldn't be the same for McCormack.

KJ is big enough to be the 2nd "big", but also provides spacing....and Garrett actually looks better on defense when he's guarding bigger slower guys imo.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

MG has proven his considerable worth to this team these last 2 games. He can't score much. But he does everything else that we need top notch.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:18 am
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:13 am

I think you're exactly right...McCormack as a lone big would be tough. But throw him out there with Mitch and I think it works.

And on the flip side, I think Dedric thrives with the 4 guards (or KJ), and situationally if match ups dictate the need for 2 "bigs" then I think Mitch fits decently with him because mitch can hit 3s and give Dedric more space....if Self didn't like how Dok and Dedric fit due to spacing then I see no reason why that logic wouldn't be the same for McCormack.

KJ is big enough to be the 2nd "big", but also provides spacing....and Garrett actually looks better on defense when he's guarding bigger slower guys imo.
Yeah, I think KJ and Garrett at the 4 alongside Dedric seems good, especially against smaller teams...which is most teams.

Mitch could fill the same role if a team has more size...but goddammit Mitch needs some productive games to justify getting minutes.

Deleted User 75

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:25 am goddammit Mitch needs some productive games to justify getting minutes.
I feel like he must do some things well that are harder for fans to identify without knowing plays/scouting report/etc because he continues to be the first big off the bench most nights. There must be something I'm not seeing. I am not someone who thinks he's been bad by any means, but I'm noticing good things less this year than I expected.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:31 am
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:25 am goddammit Mitch needs some productive games to justify getting minutes.
I feel like he must do some things well that are harder for fans to identify without knowing plays/scouting report/etc because he continues to be the first big off the bench most nights. There must be something I'm not seeing. I am not someone who thinks he's been bad by any means, but I'm noticing good things less this year than I expected.
Yeah, I was definitely expecting a bigger leap forward for him.