Roi hangs em up

Kansas Basketball.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Roi hangs em up

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

When is last time they met up in regular season..? Like it hardly happens. Mmbut bow that Dean has passed and Roy is done, might happen more.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 865

Post by Deleted User 865 »

LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

The 03 team played UNC in the regular season. It was in a tournament or something early in the year.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

vega wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:22 pm BTW, does this mean UNC will start scheduling Kansas again? Would love to see UNC in AFH, and KU in Dean Dome.
I thought about this, too. All for it.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

ESPNU is playing Roi games.
Right now is KU @ Texas from 2003. I didn't recognize Boschee, he had hair at this time.
Defense. Rebounds.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I remember that 2003 team so well. I remember Hinrich saying on the news "the last time KU started off 3-3, they went on to win the championship." And then they came that close. I was pretty bitter in 2003 for a while.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Im still bitter about 2003
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:20 pm Im still bitter about 2003
I think there is a domino effect if we win that game.

Granted Langford got hurt, but maybe he's not such a little bitch about things if he had a ring and the Roy parting wasn't so bitter.

Maybe Roy takes David with him to UNC and we wouldn't have suffered that loss.

There is still the Giddens issue, but maybe he goes with Roy, too, and Galindo stays.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Didn't Langford come out and say he was set on going pro had they won that game?
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

NDballer13 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:33 pm Didn't Langford come out and say he was set on going pro had they won that game?
Yeah, he and Graves. Not sure if Graves would have lasted long though. Had a hell of a game with 16 & 16.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Collison shoots his average from the stripe and we win.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NDballer13 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:33 pm Didn't Langford come out and say he was set on going pro had they won that game?
I do recall that, now. Certainly another domino effect. Perhaps we would have been worse in 04, but better in 05 if that would have happened.

Is this 2005 team better than the one we had? I think so.

Aaron Miles
Michael Lee
Malik Hairston
Wayne Simien
Charlie Villanueva
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:45 pm Collison shoots his average from the stripe and we win.
McNamara shoots his average from 3 and we win.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

pdub wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:45 pm Collison shoots his average from the stripe and we win.
this is what always bothered me
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:50 pm
McNamara shoots his average from 3 and we win.
what is it with white boys going off from 3 on KU
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Throw in Mobley shooting 8x his average from 3.
shindig

Post by shindig »

Well we got our redemption for Collison's missed free throws 5 years later when Rose and CDR kept dinking them. I still wish Roi had won one NC at KU though. Sucks he got 3 at UNC (POS school for firing Doherty while KU is in the run). That is what still irks me.
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

shindig wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:01 pm Well we got our redemption for Collison's missed free throws 5 years later when Rose and CDR kept dinking them. I still wish Roi had won one NC at KU though. Sucks he got 3 at UNC (POS school for firing Doherty while KU is in the run). That is what still irks me.
That helped but Memphis sucked at FT's, so they basically shot how they had during the year. KU was awful out of nowhere at the worst possible time.
shindig

Post by shindig »

LVCHawk wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:29 pm
shindig wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:01 pm Well we got our redemption for Collison's missed free throws 5 years later when Rose and CDR kept dinking them. I still wish Roi had won one NC at KU though. Sucks he got 3 at UNC (POS school for firing Doherty while KU is in the run). That is what still irks me.
That helped but Memphis sucked at FT's, so they basically shot how they had during the year. KU was awful out of nowhere at the worst possible time.
Biggest problem was those Roi teams ran almost all fast breaks. With Simien out, Collison was gassed by the end of the game. KU was playing behind the entire game I believe and Miles and Lee weren't taking open shots, too many times they passed up a shot to toss in down low to Collison or Gravy and turned it over. Langford was game, Kirk came on strong in the 2nd half, but Cuse kept hitting shots. Roi should have rested Collison but playing from behind the entire game, didn't have much choice.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I got very drunk that night.
Just Ledoux it