Playoffs

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 863

Re: Playoffs

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Losing the 4th 40-19 to piss away a 20pt lead is unbelievable.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I stopped watching the game at half.
Embiid had like 25 points and 10 rebounds.
I figured 76ers had it in the bag.

Ouch.
Deleted User 863

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQNHHc8B0sI ... =copy_link

Look at that win probability chart wow
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Embiid and Curry were the only 2 Sixers to make a shot in the 2nd half. Sixers putting on a master class in how to choke halftime leads.
Deleted User 863

PG13 was a beast in the other game of the night. Huge win for Clips without Kawhi.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I wonder if Suns hoping Utah can win game 6.
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

pdub wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:08 am I stopped watching the game at half.
Embiid had like 25 points and 10 rebounds.
I figured 76ers had it in the bag.

Ouch.
Maybe this is how Wilt felt playing the Celtics all the time.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Weak charge call on Joel, then it gets chippy
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Pretty pathetic offense and free throw shooting by both teams in this half. Sixers holding on for dear life.

And they should trade Ben Simmons.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I want Marcus and Joel in the finals
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

twocoach wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:16 pm Pretty pathetic offense and free throw shooting by both teams in this half. Sixers holding on for dear life.

Oh, I agree. He can't hit a shot if it isn't a layup. I am going to sound like Illi but Maxey was so much better in the game. He could hit a free throw, was aggressive and in this game was better on defense in my opinion. I give Maxey a lot of credit for this win.

I think a huge problem in the game today was Embiid didn't try to drive the ball. I didn't look at the box scores but he had to shot the lowest amount of free throws today that he has in the series. Free throws are so much a part of his offensive effectiveness. They have to make sure he is more aggressive. We all know he can hit those baseline jumpers but getting the other team in foul trouble helps so much for the whole team.
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:34 pm I want Marcus and Joel in the finals
This would be a 'win/win' as a Jayhawk would get a ring but I would want Joel to win. That would mean I would be cheering against Marcus. I think Joel's chances to win one are lower due to longevity. Plus he is just bigger superstar for KU. Marcus will have a longer career than Joel but I think Joel has the bigger star power.
Deleted User 863

Joel and Marcus aren't even worth comparing. I don't think the 76ers stand a chance in hell at winning it all this year. Clippers, maybe. But not without a healthy Kawhi....if CP3 is healthy/playing then the Suns look like the better team right now.

I would rank the teams left
1. NETS
2. Bucks
3. Suns
4. Clippers
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Embiid upset with refs.
He’s right.

“I just felt like it wasn't called both ways, especially because of the minimal contact that they get on the point guard, and when it comes to us, we don't get the same thing," Embiid said after Philadelphia came back from down 12 in the first quarter to win. "So I just want it called both ways. If you're going to call something like nothing on their point guard, it should be the same way and call the same thing [for] me when I get -- if I get -- touched."
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

nu_bronco wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:03 pm
twocoach wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:16 pm Pretty pathetic offense and free throw shooting by both teams in this half. Sixers holding on for dear life.

Oh, I agree. He can't hit a shot if it isn't a layup. I am going to sound like Illi but Maxey was so much better in the game. He could hit a free throw, was aggressive and in this game was better on defense in my opinion. I give Maxey a lot of credit for this win.

I think a huge problem in the game today was Embiid didn't try to drive the ball. I didn't look at the box scores but he had to shot the lowest amount of free throws today that he has in the series. Free throws are so much a part of his offensive effectiveness. They have to make sure he is more aggressive. We all know he can hit those baseline jumpers but getting the other team in foul trouble helps so much for the whole team.
Embiid did a lot of settling for bad long range jumpers down the stretch and didn't hit any of them.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I like that Embiid stayed aggressive though. He is always open and can hit from anywhere. A Win.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Never gonna win with Harden and Kyrie on your team. Dysfunctional disaster.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

They weren't healthy.
Harden was busted and Kyrie wasnt playing.
Still, I don't like either of em so I'm glad they are out.

I hope 6ers Hawks game 7 is just as good...with Embiid prevailing.

Would be good tv Embiid v Giannis.
Deleted User 863

sdoyel wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:35 pm Never gonna win with Harden and Kyrie on your team. Dysfunctional disaster.
Crazy talk. Prior to Kyrie and Harden going down they looked nearly unbeatable.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The three of them should be back with a different cast around them.

Griffin will probably return too.