Playoffs

Kansas Basketball.
twocoach

Re: Playoffs

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:41 am
sdoyel wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:35 pm Never gonna win with Harden and Kyrie on your team. Dysfunctional disaster.
Crazy talk. Prior to Kyrie and Harden going down they looked nearly unbeatable.
Seems like there will always be a higher risk of losing a star to injury when Kyrie is one of the stars. Seems to be constantly injured and I seriously question his desire to play the game. Gives off a serious Ricky Williams vibe in that he just seems to do it because he is really good at it. He doesn't seem to be passionate about it at all.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Truth.

His peak was his title with the Cavs.
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

Come on Philly!
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Simmons is an unreal passer.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

But a bad shooter.
Misses free key free throws.
And is what, 2-11 tonight?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Rough for Embiid and the 6ers.
What now?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Go Suns or Bucks.
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

Le Sigh.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Sorry 6er.
I thought for sure they'd at least be in the conference finals.
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

That's the way it goes, I'm still flabbergasted Simmons hasn't at least tried to acquire some semblance of a jump shot.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

Man, I am sure the knee injury played into how much Embiid drove to the basket but would have liked to see that more. I would have liked to see some kind of defensive adjustment (don't know what could have worked) against Young driving and throwing lobs to Clint. Those are things that I think could have happened and made a difference.

It would have been nice is Curry could have played defense a little bit better also. Maybe can improve in the future.

One thing I know would have made a difference would be if Simmons would shoot the ball more than 1 time per quarter. This probably is never going to happen.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

It will be interesting to see if the Sixers try to trade Ben Simmons and even more interesting if they could get anything decent for him. Is there another player in the NBA off-season with a bigger stink around them?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"[Simmons] shot 15-for-45 (33%) on foul shots against Atlanta and 34.2% from the line for the 2021 playoffs overall, accounting for the worst free throw percentage in NBA playoff history for a player with at least 70 attempts"

Also, dont foul a three point shooter in the final moments of a one possession game. ( it wasnt Simmons, I forgot who it was...Harris? )
Deleted User 863

Really surprised the 76ers lost.

Also really surprised Embiid and Doc took some subtle shots at Simmons in the press conference. Keep that shit in-house. No need to create controversy 15min after the game ends. But i get it, frustrations boil over.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Can we send Simmons out to Portland for Dame?
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Simmons. Yikes. Same player he was when he was in high school, LSU and now the League. In the first two stops he could bully ball his way but now he can’t and it shows. Unreal scouts and pundits thought he was going to be the next Lebron.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 863

I think he's improved quite a bit in the NBA. Definitely not the next Lebron, or a #1 option on a championship team, but i think they should be careful about shipping him off without getting someone worthwhile in return.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

holidaysmore wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:13 am Simmons. Yikes. Same player he was when he was in high school, LSU and now the League. In the first two stops he could bully ball his way but now he can’t and it shows. Unreal scouts and pundits thought he was going to be the next Lebron.
I'm going to give those scouts and pundits a pass on this one. You see a guy that size with that athleticism and handles playing bully ball against high school and college players, you have to at least assume he's going to develop some sort of jump shot, even if he never becomes a great shooter. LeBron wasn't that great of a shooter coming into the league either, but there's a difference between being a bad shooter and being scared to even take wide open layups.

It's all mental for him, much like Dok's FT shooting. There's videos of Simmons shooting in practice and pregame going 6-10, 7-10 from three, then the game starts and he freezes like a deer in the headlights if he's left open.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If you’re the 6ers you hope Dame continues to be unhappy in the offseason and you can send Simmons, picks and Harris for him.

Embiid and Dame would kill.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:35 am If you’re the 6ers you hope Dame continues to be unhappy in the offseason and you can send Simmons, picks and Harris for him.

Embiid and Dame would kill.
They would be a good 1 2 punch, but if they deplete their roster to get him i am not so sure it is a smart move.

I wonder how well Dame and Embiid would work together. Dame is not exactly what i consider a facilitator. He is a ball dominant (small) guard who is iffy at defense. Don't get me wrong, i love me some Dame $ but not sure i see that move making them capable of winning a championship.

Embiid needs a CP3 type. Someone who can score if needed, but that's not their main role...but not many CP3 types out there.

In all honesty i don't think Simmons and picks gets them a Dame quality player. Maybe Harris makes that more attractive or maybe Harris and that contract are something teams won't view as all that appealing.