Uncle Joe

Ugh.
JKLivin
Contributor

Re: Uncle Joe

Post by JKLivin »

twocoach wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:52 am
JKLivin wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:32 am
Leawood wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:07 am Give specific examples of voting for Democratic issues. Not just one. You do not know what you are talking about.

Was Nixon a RINO? Was Ford a RINO? Was Regan a RINO? Is Bob Dole a RINO? You are full of shit.
Nixon and Ford were before my time, so I'll leave that to you old timers. Reagan was not in Congress, so that's not equivalent. Dole was a big-time RINO.

McCain consistently voted against controlling the borders and discouraging illegal immigration. He partnered with Ted Kennedy, of all people, in 2005 to craft a ridiculous immigration bill.

He consistently voted with Obama in pursuit of the socialized medicine snafu we are stuck with now.

He was usually in favor of higher taxes rather than lower ones.

When it counted for something of substance, he voted Dim. RINO.
Do tell:

He voted against ObamaCare:

Measure Number: H.R. 3590 (Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act )
Measure Title: An act entitled The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
"McCain (R-AZ), Nay"

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/ ... vote=00396

Then he voted YES to have it repealed in 2011.
Then he voted YES to shut off funding for it in 2013.

Literally the ONLY time he did anything in support of ObamaCare was his vote of NO in 2017 and it was because the Republican plan had no replacement for ObamaCare and he was worried about the impact of that on his constituents in Arizona.
https://www.businessinsider.com/why-joh ... ill-2017-7

So don't just make shit up.
Yup. The one opportunity he had to do away with the Dumpster fire of Obamacare, and he chose the Santa Clause option. Integrity defined. RINO.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:17 pm

Nixon and Ford were before my time, so I'll leave that to you old timers. Reagan was not in Congress, so that's not equivalent. Dole was a big-time RINO.

McCain consistently voted against controlling the borders and discouraging illegal immigration. He partnered with Ted Kennedy, of all people, in 2005 to craft a ridiculous immigration bill.

He consistently voted with Obama in pursuit of the socialized medicine snafu we are stuck with now.

Do tell:

"McCain (R-AZ), Nay"

Literally the ONLY time he did anything in support of ObamaCare was his vote of NO in 2017 and it was because the Republican plan had no replacement for ObamaCare and he was worried about the impact of that on his constituents in Arizona.

Yup. The one opportunity he had to do away with the Dumpster fire of Obamacare, and he chose the Santa Clause option. Integrity defined. RINO.
how can you expect to be taken seriously with that sort of reasoning?

he had been in congress since 1982, and in your mind, a single vote in 2017 makes him a RINO...just because you don’t like the ACA
Deleted User 89

https://govtrack.us/congress/members/john_mccain/300071

edit: i can’t paste the image of his “ideology” score, but he is firmly nestled amongst the other republicans depicted
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:23 pm
Do tell:

"McCain (R-AZ), Nay"

he had been in congress since 1982, and in your mind, a single vote in 2017 makes him a RINO...just because you don’t like the ACA
I also cited his soft stance on immigration/the border and on taxes/size of government. That seems pretty far-reaching to me.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Do tell:

"McCain (R-AZ), Nay"

So we agree that your statement that he "consistently voted with Obama in pursuit of the socialized medicine snafu we are stuck with now" was not true.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:29 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:23 pm

I also cited his soft stance on immigration/the border and on taxes/size of government. That seems pretty far-reaching to me.
But you don't consider Reagen a RINO? That's... Inconsistent
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

So, help me understand.

You are either Trump/Q....or you are a RINO?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Overlander wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:41 pm So, help me understand.

You are either Trump/Q....or you are a RINO?
The last 5 years of actions seems to support that.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

I can't believe you guys care so much whether JKL likes McCain or not. Or why you care that he considers him a RINO. What a pointless argument.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:00 pm I can't believe you guys care so much whether JKL likes McCain or not. Or why you care that he considers him a RINO. What a pointless argument.
It is puzzling.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ummmm

ummmmmm

Is Trump a RINO? Or his he one of the ideologically pure ones?
Deleted User 89

:lol:
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

It’s quite puzzling that rank-and-file Republicans turn on anyone in government who does anything to actually help people. Be it attempts to control a deadly pandemic, providing access to quality healthcare or reliable infrastructure.

They have truly become the Party of F-you
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

it was not the republicans that pulled the rug out from underneath "reliable infrastructure."
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Not yet…..
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

zsn wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:17 pm It’s quite puzzling that rank-and-file Republicans turn on anyone in government who does anything to actually help people. Be it attempts to control a deadly pandemic, providing access to quality healthcare or reliable infrastructure.

I tend to agree with Reagan, who, according to some around here, is a RINO: "Government is not the solution; government is the problem."
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:13 pm:lol:
I think it is a valid question. If you don't like me and my opinions, why obsess over them? You have a veritable liberal echo chamber here.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:25 pm
zsn wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:17 pm It’s quite puzzling that rank-and-file Republicans turn on anyone in government who does anything to actually help people. Be it attempts to control a deadly pandemic, providing access to quality healthcare or reliable infrastructure.

I tend to agree with Reagan, who, according to some around here, is a RINO: "Government is not the solution; government is the problem."
Wait, is that evidence for or against being a RINO?

And Reagan in many ways ushered in the modern political discourse: gave away the Republic to corporations and billionaires while vilifying “welfare queens,” relaxed standards of integrity in journalism, set the standard for Mericans loving B-list celebrities as politicians, etc.

Heck, I saw a meme the other day that suggested, “Reagan’s been President for 40 years straight…”
Deleted User 89

JKLivin wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:26 pm
I think it is a valid question. If you don't like me and my opinions, why obsess over them? You have a veritable liberal echo chamber here.
you think ousie’s question about whether trump is a RINO or ideologically pure is a valid one?

maybe i’m wrong, but i think the question was rhetorical...the answer is obvious to anyone actually paying attention

i think many of your views are narrow-minded and ultimately damaging to our society progressing. when you (or anyone) posts an opinion that is demonstrably based on falsehoods, don’t get butt-hurt when you get called out for it

others have pointed out the fallacies of your logic, so it’s not like i’m alone here.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:48 pm
JKLivin wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:26 pm
you think ousie’s question about whether trump is a RINO or ideologically pure is a valid one?

maybe i’m wrong, but i think the question was rhetorical...the answer is obvious to anyone actually paying attention

i think many of your views are narrow-minded and ultimately damaging to our society progressing. when you (or anyone) posts an opinion that is demonstrably based on falsehoods, don’t get butt-hurt when you get called out for it

others have pointed out the fallacies of your logic, so it’s not like i’m alone here.
You’re not alone in living as if your viewpoints are the only valid ones and that they are beneficial to all of us. You, do, however, seem more worked up in your responses. (Shrug)