Conference Realignment..?

Kansas Football.
Deleted User 863

Re: Conference Realignment..?

Post by Deleted User 863 »

InfiniteJ wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:16 am I know I'm being impatient, but it feels more and more like KU is going to get screwed and it feels like the best case scenario at this point is the PAC, because I don't think the B1G is interested.
But does that really even screw us? It's basically a lateral move at worst at this point. We were in the 4th or 5th best conference and that's where we will end up at worst.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:20 am
InfiniteJ wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:16 am I know I'm being impatient, but it feels more and more like KU is going to get screwed and it feels like the best case scenario at this point is the PAC, because I don't think the B1G is interested.
But does that really even screw us? It's basically a lateral move at worst at this point. We were in the 4th or 5th best conference and that's where we will end up at worst.
I think it would be a huge blow to our exposure.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

2021 Big 12 > PAC > 2026 Big 12.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

There are other considerations. Travel, time zones, Self has like 3 wins in the last 30 games against PAC opponents, the PAC gets ignored by national media because their games are played tomorrow, etc.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Games starting at 10:30 PM ET?
No thanks.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:35 am
There are other considerations. Travel, time zones, Self has like 3 wins in the last 30 games against PAC opponents, the PAC gets ignored by national media because their games are played tomorrow, etc.
Seems pretty obvious that the best case PAC scenario is a bare minimum 16 teams with two 8-team regions. Given all the PT zone teams, though, you probably need 20 teams with 2 or 3 divisions.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Not to mention it's a massive, massive burden on non-revenue sports. No buses. No same-day returns.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

MLB-type road trips incoming.

Weeks to months of missed classes. Yet the school presidents/AD's will tell you the students and studies are the priority and cause this change.
Deleted User 863

jfish26 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:50 am

Not to mention it's a massive, massive burden on non-revenue sports. No buses. No same-day returns.
I don't see how PAC makes any sense outside of basketball/football.

It also doesn't appear the PAC schools are jumping up and down trying to get us either....so there's that. We keep talking about where we want to go, but those places have to want us before any of that matters.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

We've done this for a decade plus now--the conferences don't say shit until it's done.

Where is the logic in:

SEC being quiet = they want to expand

PAC being quiet = they don't want to expand
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:40 am Games starting at 10:30 PM ET?
No thanks.
More like 12 ET
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Which sucks for fans, but, as stated, is devastating to exposure.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Tonight's game starts early tomorrow morning.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

The B1G (with Iowa State) clearly makes the most sense. But, do they want to give us an equal 1/16 share? Seems unlikely.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I'm good with just a nibble.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:59 am We've done this for a decade plus now--the conferences don't say shit until it's done.

Where is the logic in:

Is the PAC being quiet about it?

This from their commissioner...

“We don’t think there’s any risk to staying at 12 teams,” he said. ““We feel very comfortable with our current membership.”

He did also say they're getting inquiries, but didn't say from who. People are hinting that AAU status is not a deal breaker for PAC (looking at Oklahoma State).

https://twitter.com/kbohls/status/14200 ... 13957?s=20

PAC seems more likely than Big10...but would pac be THAT much better than an AAC Big12 merger?

Sources reporting Big10 has little to no interest in expanding.
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:07 am Which sucks for fans, but, as stated, is devastating to exposure.
Gonzaga does fine
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:15 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:59 am We've done this for a decade plus now--the conferences don't say shit until it's done.

Where is the logic in:

Is the PAC being quiet about it?

This from their commissioner...

“We don’t think there’s any risk to staying at 12 teams,” he said. ““We feel very comfortable with our current membership.”

He did also say they're getting inquiries, but didn't say from who. People are hinting that AAU status is not a deal breaker for PAC (looking at Oklahoma State).

https://twitter.com/kbohls/status/14200 ... 13957?s=20

PAC seems more likely than Big10...but would pac be THAT much better than an AAC Big12 merger?

Sources reporting Big10 has little to no interest in expanding.
Standard conference talk. Happens every single time this comes around.

Like the politician that says they aren't running for office only to announce one week later they are running for office.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:15 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:07 am Which sucks for fans, but, as stated, is devastating to exposure.
Gonzaga does fine
Only in non-con. Which, of course we are talking about conference games.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

but we were also in arguably the best b-ball conference...i’m not so sure that’ll end up being the case when all is said and done