COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by jfish26 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:11 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:17 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:11 pm How compassionate of you.
i’ve plum run out of compassion for idiots

there is enough evidence that they should know better by now

if this was an unvaccinated person that legitimately wanted the vaccine but couldn’t get t due to access issues, i’d genuinely view it as a travesty

but this is an idiot that has overtly politicized the issue and, like the dumbfuck that died, has defaulted on his responsibility to those that elected him (and anyone else that looked to him for leadership and guidance)

fuck him...karmas a bitch
Hopefully by you doing your part to continue the politization of the vaccine you change some minds of those refusing (LOL). It seems to be working well.

You're like Don Lemon. He had a guest on last night basically pleading with him to change his/their tactics they're using to try to convince people to get the shot.

Telling them how stupid they are isn't working (even though it's true). It's turned in to partisan nonsense instead of "here are the facts".

Now with every non vaccinated GOP member that test positive or dies there is celebration by some on the left....and everytime there is a vaccinated person who tests positive or dies the anti vaxxers rejoice and pat themselves on the back for not taking the shots.

It's all around dumb.

I saw on TV last night a poll showing the vast majority of unvaccinated do not plan on ever being vaccinated. Some indicated that they say they are "waiting" or "haven't had a chance", but that they only say that to avoid ridicule and they never plan on getting it. Fantastic.

The 2 sides hate each other so much they (the non vaxxers) will make bad decisions just to say fuck you to the other side, regardless of the outcome.

That % of vaccinated population will never get much higher than it is now. Which is nearly identical to yearly flu vaccination % irrc. So stop banging your head on the desk to a messageboard full of mostly vaccinated democrats. You aren't fighting the good fight here. Most of us are on your team.
I disagree; if, as it should, fully participating in the joys and conveniences of public life requires the vaccine, more people will get vaccinated.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

And, right now, I am past all this. Let the anti-vaxxers "own the libs" and refuse to get vaccinated. Send their unmasked kids to school. Then, when they come down with Covid-19 Delta and beg for a ventilator, tell them, "Sorry. Too late. You exercised your "personal responsibility. Own it. Take responsibility for your kids, too."
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:11 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:17 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:11 pm How compassionate of you.
i’ve plum run out of compassion for idiots

there is enough evidence that they should know better by now

if this was an unvaccinated person that legitimately wanted the vaccine but couldn’t get t due to access issues, i’d genuinely view it as a travesty

but this is an idiot that has overtly politicized the issue and, like the dumbfuck that died, has defaulted on his responsibility to those that elected him (and anyone else that looked to him for leadership and guidance)

fuck him...karmas a bitch
Hopefully by you doing your part to continue the politization of the vaccine you change some minds of those refusing (LOL). It seems to be working well.

You're like Don Lemon. He had a guest on last night basically pleading with him to change his/their tactics they're using to try to convince people to get the shot.

Telling them how stupid they are isn't working (even though it's true). It's turned in to partisan nonsense instead of "here are the facts".

Now with every non vaccinated GOP member that test positive or dies there is celebration by some on the left....and everytime there is a vaccinated person who tests positive or dies the anti vaxxers rejoice and pat themselves on the back for not taking the shots.

It's all around dumb.

I saw on TV last night a poll showing the vast majority of unvaccinated do not plan on ever being vaccinated. Some indicated that they say they are "waiting" or "haven't had a chance", but that they only say that to avoid ridicule and they never plan on getting it. Fantastic.

The 2 sides hate each other so much they (the non vaxxers) will make bad decisions just to say fuck you to the other side, regardless of the outcome.

That % of vaccinated population will never get much higher than it is now. Which is nearly identical to yearly flu vaccination % irrc. So stop banging your head on the desk to a messageboard full of mostly vaccinated democrats. You aren't fighting the good fight here. Most of us are on your team.
glad you’re here to be the voice of reason and keep everyone in check

what would we do without you

you keep saying “politicizing the vaccine”...that’s not at all what i’m doing. i don’t care what your political affiliation is. unless you’ve got a comorbidity, you’re a selfish idiot if you don’t get vaccinated. that goes for anti-vax hippies in the pacific northwest as well as for ignorant ‘pubs in the south

but please, continue throwing a hissy fit about my lack of empathy for ignorant assholes
Deleted User 89

Leawood wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:22 pm And, right now, I am past all this. Let the anti-vaxxers "own the libs" and refuse to get vaccinated. Send their unmasked kids to school. Then, when they come down with Covid-19 Delta and beg for a ventilator, tell them, "Sorry. Too late. You exercised your "personal responsibility. Own it. Take responsibility for your kids, too."
ill-annoy wrote:CLASSY!!
way to politicize this

show more empathy
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:14 pm I disagree; if, as it should, fully participating in the joys and conveniences of public life requires the vaccine, more people will get vaccinated.
For some things maybe it'll work. For others it won't.

And again, is the goal to stop the spread or try to punish those who aren't doing what you want?

Can you imagine the outrage around here if Lolapolooza was a Toby Kieth and Brad Paisley concert full on republicans who were unvaccinated? That is a potential super spreader event and it required proof of vaccination. Gutter said they didn't hardly even look. It's unlikely many were turned away.

Airlines want to require vaccination? Good.

Businessed want to require vaccination? Good.

But much of the population you're trying to convince aren't in big cities. What're you taking away from the people in podunk Alabama to make them submit to your demands?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:27 pm
jfish26 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:14 pm I disagree; if, as it should, fully participating in the joys and conveniences of public life requires the vaccine, more people will get vaccinated.

And again, is the goal to stop the spread or try to punish those who aren't doing what you want?

Can you imagine the outrage around here if Lolapolooza was a Toby Kieth and Brad Paisley concert full on republicans who were unvaccinated? That is a potential super spreader event and it required proof of vaccination. Gutter said they didn't hardly even look. It's unlikely many were turned away.

But much of the population you're trying to convince aren't in big cities. What're you taking away from the people in podunk Alabama to make them submit to your demands?
Not being able to go into Walmart would be a start.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:15 pm I wonder how different the stances from the 2 sides would be on the vaccine had Trump won?

If he were in office pushing for vaccinations i think many of those rural people refusing would take it.

I also think many of those on the left would be much more skeptical.

Strange world we are living in.
Like most of the rest of your assumptions, I doubt if this one is accurate.
Deleted User 89

he can’t help himself, despite ample evidence that his assumptions and connecting of dots are often wrong
Deleted User 863

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:23 pm but please, continue throwing a hissy fit about my lack of empathy for ignorant assholes
I didn't ask you to be empathetic. I certainly am not. I just said gloating about people getting covid isn't very classy.
Deleted User 89

jfish26 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:28 pm

:lol:
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Nothing would rile the south up more than taking away football.
Deleted User 89

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:32 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:23 pm but please, continue throwing a hissy fit about my lack of empathy for ignorant assholes
I didn't ask you to be empathetic. I certainly am not. I just said gloating about people getting covid isn't very classy.
good to know you’re the arbiter of all things classy

now, why don’t you head back to the b-ball board and continue making fun of Sherron’s weight

edit: it’s not “people” getting covid that i’m making fun of...it’s a specific subset of people. namely, those that have gone out of their way to actually politicize the issue and flaunt their anti-science stances to, arguably, the detriment of their communities
Last edited by Deleted User 89 on Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:33 pmall thongs classy
Please mark NSFW.
Deleted User 863

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:31 pm he can’t help himself, despite ample evidence that his assumptions and connecting of dots are often wrong
How can there be evidence of something that didn't happen? Trump didn't win. We will never know what would have happened.

But there is video of our VP saying she wouldn't get the shot if Trump asked her to....so there's that.
Deleted User 89

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:34 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:33 pmall thongs classy
Please mark NSFW.
well played, sir
Deleted User 863

What if WalMart doesn't agree with that policy?
Deleted User 89

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:35 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:31 pm he can’t help himself, despite ample evidence that his assumptions and connecting of dots are often wrong
How can there be evidence of something that didn't happen? Trump didn't win. We will never know what would have happened.

But there is video of our VP saying she wouldn't get the shot if Trump asked her to....so there's that.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:37 pm

What if WalMart doesn't agree with that policy?
Then it doesn't happen.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status ... 20641?s=20

If you are not vaccinated, you're playing Russian Roulette... Delta is going to find you, sooner or later.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 89