COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
PhDhawk

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by PhDhawk »

What makes this sad is how predictable it was.

You know that hospitalizations and deaths are a lagging stat. When the numbers of cases started to spike, it was obvious that the hospitalizations would follow.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Florida is top 25 in fully vaccinated population %. That surprised me. They're at 49.7%. After this surge they're experiencing, when you add the # of their residents who have already had covid to the number of fully vaccinated residents, they will be nearing whatever type of herd immunity is possible with this virus, right? They've had 2.7 million positives based on what i am seeing. Add that to whatever the estimated % of asymptomatic cases that never get counted.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/hea ... 535920001/

... A study published Friday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found unvaccinated people who have had COVID-19 are more than twice as likely to be reinfected with the virus compared with people who were fully vaccinated after contracting the virus.

The study included hundreds of Kentucky residents with previous COVID-19 infections from May through June. It showed those who were unvaccinated were 2.34 times more likely to be reinfected compared with those who were fully vaccinated...
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

just saw AP report the tejas governor is also asking for assistance
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Sorry, Governors. You are too late. We have no ventilators or assistance to spare. Please ask your constituents to rely upon their personal responsibility.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Leawood wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:25 pm Sorry, Governors. You are too late. We have no ventilators or assistance to spare. Please ask your constituents to rely upon their personal responsibility.
Who needs ventilators when you have prayers and youtube doctors?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Wait...what?

How?
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

So 3 major airlines won't mandate vaccines for employees....guess i won't be flying on those companies planes. Don't like flying anyway so good riddance.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

The hospitals here are requiring vaccines for all the employees. They have required flu shots for years.
The issue is going to be people quitting. Many are short staffed now and can't really afford to loose people.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 863

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:24 am The hospitals here are requiring vaccines for all the employees. They have required flu shots for years.
The issue is going to be people quitting. Many are short staffed now and can't really afford to loose people.
Sounds like those are the poeple they need to lose regardless of staffing. If they are anti science and anti medicine they have no business working in healthcare facilities.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

No argument there, but these are employees and they're not easily replaced in an already short staffed hospital.
Defense. Rebounds.
shindig

Post by shindig »

Was supposed to go the Royals-Yankees afternoon game in our corporate suite today. Yesterday afternoon our VP decided to cancel the group outing due to the state of the COVID pandemic in our area. Man, this is getting old. Stated that he was on a leadership call yesterday morning which brought new facts and circumstances to light and changed his opinion on the safety of a group outing.
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

shindig wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:48 am Was supposed to go the Royals-Yankees afternoon game in our corporate suite today. Yesterday afternoon our VP decided to cancel the group outing due to the state of the COVID pandemic in our area. Man, this is getting old. Stated that he was on a leadership call yesterday morning which brought new facts and circumstances to light and changed his opinion on the safety of a group outing.
While it no doubt sucks for you and your co-workers, your VP needs to put the health and well being of the employees above all else. Tough call but if he/she and the "leadership" felt it was unsafe, probably it was the right decision to cancel the outing.
God (if there is a God) willing, there will be other opportunities for a group outing at Kauffman.
P.S. - While I realize the suite is indoors, being outside in 98 degree heat with 70% humidity doesn't sound like a good time. At all.
shindig

Post by shindig »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:16 am
shindig wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:48 am Was supposed to go the Royals-Yankees afternoon game in our corporate suite today. Yesterday afternoon our VP decided to cancel the group outing due to the state of the COVID pandemic in our area. Man, this is getting old. Stated that he was on a leadership call yesterday morning which brought new facts and circumstances to light and changed his opinion on the safety of a group outing.
While it no doubt sucks for you and your co-workers, your VP needs to put the health and well being of the employees above all else. Tough call but if he/she and the "leadership" felt it was unsafe, probably it was the right decision to cancel the outing.
God (if there is a God) willing, there will be other opportunities for a group outing at Kauffman.
P.S. - While I realize the suite is indoors, being outside in 98 degree heat with 70% humidity doesn't sound like a good time. At all.
Yeah I agree. I saw the weather forecast for today and you are right, about a 105-110 degree heat index. I was thinking yesterday, man, I'm going to be covered in sweat just walking from my car to the stadium...lol. No biggie, but I did buy a new Royal shirt and visor, which I needed anyway, my old Royals visor is faded and dirty (usually wear it working outside in the yard).
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Leawood wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:25 pm Sorry, Governors. You are too late. We have no ventilators or assistance to spare. Please ask your constituents to rely upon their personal responsibility.
Many seemed to feel that what God gave them in their body was more than enough protection to fight off covid. Those people should just go to church and pray themselves back to health.
Deleted User 863

Let them die! Keep those extra ventilators sitting in an empty warehouse where they belong!
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I guess I do sort of roll my eyes at this one - why not just say this was a benefit for vaccinated people only? A whole bunch of vaccinated people together isn't problematic, and neither is the parking lot/concourse travel part.
shindig

Post by shindig »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:35 am
I guess I do sort of roll my eyes at this one - why not just say this was a benefit for vaccinated people only? A whole bunch of vaccinated people together isn't problematic, and neither is the parking lot/concourse travel part.
I agree. State in the invite that if you are "not vaccinated", you are not allowed to attend the outing. Right now, all corporate communication has stated that returning to the office does not require a vaccination, but it is highly recommended. Companies just need to start saying, if you're not vaccinated, you are not allowed to RTW, or something to that effect.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

shindig wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:44 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:35 am
I agree. State in the invite that if you are "not vaccinated", you are not allowed to attend the outing. Right now, all corporate communication has stated that returning to the office does not require a vaccination, but it is highly recommended. Companies just need to start saying, if you're not vaccinated, you are not allowed to RTW, or something to that effect.
The Royals have several suites and premium areas that are sold on a game-by-game basis. And of course they're not a very good team.

It would be very good corporate citizenship for them to do something like offer those areas at half off (or include a free food/bev package or something, where not included) where each ticketholder presents proof of vaccination.