Biden's top priority

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: Biden's top priority

Post by twocoach »

Cascadia wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:28 am Talking/arguing about gas prices is about the most boring fucking conversation possible.

Which is bad enough by itself, but it's made even worse because it's just a diversion/distraction for the lemmings.

"I don't know paw, memaw said she saw it .02 lower down the road!"
This. The average price per gallon in Omaha for February was $3.28. It was at least $3 per gallon on average almost every month from December 2010 to November 2014.

https://neo.ne.gov/programs/stats/inf/107.htm

I personally think that the US oil companies are just driving up costs to recoup lost revenue from the pandemic. It could easily be lower right now if they wanted to but why would they want to?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Cascadia wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:20 am
But how else is TrumperDub supposed to show his kids that he's a real man?
No fuckin way that truck breaks 11 mpg.

My Mojave gets 14.1…..wind aided.

I have never once bitched about what is costs to fill up, and I frankly don’t pay attention to the price.

Oil companies are making more than ever, and are enjoying massive subsidies. And they will clearly use any reason to crank up prices.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Cascadia wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:34 am
twocoach wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:27 am
TDub wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:24 am

my truck isn't 70k, isn't lifted, doesn't have swampers on it. I dont use it to show my kids anything. It is necessary for my employment.

I wish you would show up and contribute in any meaningful way beyond insults and failed attempts at showing people how much better and cooler you are than everyone else.
I would bet that your "my work requires it" puts you in the minority of the owners of gas guzzling trucks and SUVs.
He could do his job with a Rivian and/or a F-150 Lightning. Maybe even a Ford Transit or some other electric vehicle while pulling a trailer.

This is the point the intelligent people in this thread (and others) are trying to make. That the technology is getting to the point (extremely close in many cases) to where we no longer need the majority of people to be driving gas vehicles. That's not to say that everyone in the US can (or should) immediately sell their gas vehicle for an electric one. Obviously that transition is going to take years to complete, but it needs to start.

But he doesn't care about that, he only cares about whining and complaining about the poor farmers and truckers who NEED that fuel. It's just such a weird tantrum to throw every time this conversation comes up.
meh…i don’t think you know enough about his situation to know that

given where he lives, and the data that is coming out about electric vehicles and battery longevity in cold and while towing, it would seem to me to be a little risky (not to mention pricey) to switch

hell, i’m trying to switch right fucking now and can’t even get ahold of the EV i want due to shortages…and i can pay cash outright if i so desire

point being, it’s not always the easiest thing to make changes even though they might be the “right” thing to do

why haven’t you bought your rivian yet?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TDub wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:24 am

my truck isn't 70k, isn't lifted, doesn't have swampers on it. I dont use it to show my kids anything. It is necessary for my employment.

I wish you would show up and contribute in any meaningful way beyond insults and failed attempts at showing people how much better and cooler you are than everyone else.
I would bet that your "my work requires it" puts you in the minority of the owners of gas guzzling trucks and SUVs.
He could do his job with a Rivian and/or a F-150 Lightning. Maybe even a Ford Transit or some other electric vehicle while pulling a trailer.

This is the point the intelligent people in this thread (and others) are trying to make. That the technology is getting to the point (extremely close in many cases) to where we no longer need the majority of people to be driving gas vehicles. That's not to say that everyone in the US can (or should) immediately sell their gas vehicle for an electric one. Obviously that transition is going to take years to complete, but it needs to start.

But he doesn't care about that, he only cares about whining and complaining about the poor farmers and truckers who NEED that fuel. It's just such a weird tantrum to throw every time this conversation comes up.
I dont want to pay 70k for a new vehicle. This one is paid off.

I highly doubt a rivian or Half ton pickup is going to effectively pull a trailer that weighs 9-10k lbs empty. Much less when there is material or equipment loaded on it.
Just Ledoux it
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:40 am

meh…i don’t think you know enough about his situation to know that

given where he lives, and the data that is coming out about electric vehicles and battery longevity in cold and while towing, it would seem to me to be a little risky (not to mention pricey) to switch

hell, i’m trying to switch right fucking now and can’t even get ahold of the EV i want due to shortages…and i can pay cash outright if i so desire

point being, it’s not always the easiest thing to make changes even though they might be the “right” thing to do

why haven’t you bought your rivian yet?
1) Rivian waiting list is out until late 2023.

2) Again, the point that most people are trying to make is that the technology is progressing to the point that it's becoming feasible for most people to switch to electric vehicles. And, again, that's going to take time. It's not an overnight switch for a country of 325,0000,000 people.

3) I've never seen anyone make a serious argument that large machinery (trackers, etc) can switch to electric. But TrumperDub throws a tantrum every time this conversation comes up and talks about the "the people producing your food, or your foods food".
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

TDub wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:44 am I dont want to pay 70k for a new vehicle. This one is paid off.
Translation:

My bank account is more important than the environment.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Theres no tantrums, only discussion. How do you propose we farm your food without fuel? How do you propose we ship your supplies without fuel? They have an electric Cargo ship?

Is lithium mining the way to go?

Is the grid ready for the dramatic increase in draw?

The grid is supplied by power plants, is it a net gain to increase the production when we aren't ready with the necessary infrastructure?

Im not saying we won't get to the point where it's feasible. But pretending qe can solve all the problems by buying a Tesla or rivian just isn't realistic at this point.
Just Ledoux it
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

TDub wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:47 am Theres no tantrums, only discussion. How do you propose we farm your food without fuel? How do you propose we ship your supplies without fuel? They have an electric Cargo ship?

Is lithium mining the way to go?

Is the grid ready for the dramatic increase in draw?

The grid is supplied by power plants, is it a net gain to increase the production when we aren't ready with the necessary infrastructure?

Im not saying we won't get to the point where it's feasible. But pretending qe can solve all the problems by buying a Tesla or rivian just isn't realistic at this point.
See, same stupid fucking tantrum.

Every time.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

TDub drives a V8 when he knows full well a V6 could do the job... It just doesn't sound as manly when he gets on the gas pedal.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:44 am

I highly doubt a rivian or Half ton pickup is going to effectively pull a trailer that weighs 9-10k lbs empty. Much less when there is material or equipment loaded on it.
What percentage of pickup trucks that I see on a daily basis do you think have ever pulled 9-10k lbs even once? Not many.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/26907/you ... oy-costume

"According to Edwards’ data, 75 percent of truck owners use their truck for towing one time a year or less (meaning, never). Nearly 70 percent of truck owners go off-road one time a year or less. And a full 35 percent of truck owners use their truck for hauling—putting something in the bed, its ostensible raison d’être—once a year or less."
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:50 am

What percentage of pickup trucks that I see on a daily basis do you think have ever pulled 9-10k lbs even once? Not many.

"According to Edwards’ data, 75 percent of truck owners use their truck for towing one time a year or less (meaning, never). Nearly 70 percent of truck owners go off-road one time a year or less. And a full 35 percent of truck owners use their truck for hauling—putting something in the bed, its ostensible raison d’être—once a year or less."
won't argue that, but Cascadia (and now doyel) are referring to me specifically. ..just explaining my situation.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

sdoyel wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:48 am TDub drives a V8 when he knows full well a V6 could do the job... It just doesn't sound as manly when he gets on the gas pedal.
you havent towed much have you?
Just Ledoux it
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

is there a truck owner on this thread that has complained in the last 48 hours how much it costs to fill up his truck. i ain't seen one.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

TDub wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:55 am

won't argue that, but Cascadia (and now doyel) are referring to me specifically. ..just explaining my situation.
Weird they didn't attack Trad for wanting a gas guzzling SUV/Truck to pull his toys around for personal enjoyment...🤔🤐
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:55 am is there a truck owner on this thread that has complained in the last 48 hours how much it costs to fill up his truck. i ain't seen one.
Not on this site that I have seen. I have encountered about 5 in my regular life in the last few days and numerous on social media.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

never pass up an opportunity to forward the agenda. even if no one is listening.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:59 am

Weird they didn't attack Trad for wanting a gas guzzling SUV/Truck to pull his toys around for personal enjoyment...🤔🤐
why would they, when you follow me around incessantly like a child trying to do so?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:16 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:59 am

why would they, when you follow me around incessantly like a child trying to do so?
Thoughts and prayers.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

yep, now you’re learning
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i'd be curious to hear why it is ok for the whackjob to own a gas guzzling suv to pull around toys.

and at the same time, it is villianous for another to own a gas guzzling pickup truck to pull around a trailer that contains tools so he can make a living and feed his family.

i look forward to it.