Biden's top priority

Ugh.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Biden's top priority

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Cheaper gas = less inflation. True or false?
I have to assume true but I'm not an economist.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

we have had inflation.

we have had high gas prices.

but i don't remember getting them both at the same time. this is the double whammy.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I believe you are describing the 1970s?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

either way, it's Biden's fault.

no really - the MFer was first sworn in as a senator in 1973!
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

(Reuters) -U.S. oil producer APA Corp reported a second-quarter profit that nearly tripled on Wednesday, bolstered by surging crude prices.

Houston, Texas based APA is the latest oil and gas producer to post sharply higher profits, benefiting from surging oil prices after demand rebounded to pre-pandemic levels and sanctions on major energy producer Russia dented global supply…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Qusdahl has fussed about how oil execs belong in prison. More and more, he/him might be right.

but here's the bigger problem:

No one matters. Nothing cares any more.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/06/podc ... serve.html

a nice breakdown of inflation, what the Fed can do, and why our current situation is taking so long to address/fix
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:02 pm (Reuters) -U.S. oil producer APA Corp reported a second-quarter profit that nearly tripled on Wednesday, bolstered by surging crude prices.

Houston, Texas based APA is the latest oil and gas producer to post sharply higher profits, benefiting from surging oil prices after demand rebounded to pre-pandemic levels and sanctions on major energy producer Russia dented global supply…
Net profit or gross profit?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:12 am
KUTradition wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:02 pm (Reuters) -U.S. oil producer APA Corp reported a second-quarter profit that nearly tripled on Wednesday, bolstered by surging crude prices.

Net profit or gross profit?
JFC