Official Gamethread KU vs kstate

Kansas Basketball.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Official Gamethread KU vs kstate

Post by jfish26 »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:26 am
surly wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:22 am
pdub wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:20 am they changed fuck ku at your super bowl just weeks ago on espn.
i heard it.
tang wasn't happy.
that's when he spoke directly to the issue after the game: expect to win. he's deeply religious. it's really absurd. the biggest fans of the f'KU chant are KU fans. the irony is deep, isn't it.
So what happens if it doesn't stop? Even after you said that stopped it? Gawd shall smite them? What's even weirder is thinking college kids are going to stop it because the new basketball coach ordains it. Sure. That'll do it. Who freaking cares.
Ah yes, "scold them until they stop doing it" is an undefeated way of managing college kids.
surly

Post by surly »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:27 am rivals are supposed to hate on each other at sporting events. we don't have to turn everything into a snowflake fest.
the best rivalry in sport is army/navy.

https://youtu.be/i5OzBDE5ELY
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:27 am rivals are supposed to hate on each other at sporting events. we don't have to turn everything into a snowflake fest.
KState isn't our rival.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Oh boy. Here we go again.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:37 am Oh boy. Here we go again.
I know, I know. It's nothing like the SIU/SEMS rivalry...
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

My point had absolutely nothing to do with the profanity.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I guess this should go in the game day thread, but since it’s not game day yet, why is our top 13 matchup tomorrow on at 10am here?

I struggle to believe whatever games scheduled for prime time tomorrow are a better billing.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea bro, like I was saying.

I’d like KU’s game to be later in the day so I have more time to enjoy my breakfast burrito.
surly

Post by surly »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:54 am Yea bro, like I was saying.

I’d like KU’s game to be later in the day so I have more time to enjoy my breakfast burrito.
first game of the day on the mothership at noon eastern seems like a prime place. moving east is your only solution, i guess.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:48 am I guess this should go in the game day thread, but since it’s not game day yet, why is our top 13 matchup tomorrow on at 10am here?

I struggle to believe whatever games scheduled for prime time tomorrow are a better billing.
Because we have a Big Monday game. The rule is (supposed to be) that the Big Monday teams play during the day the Saturday before.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

but green chili is more of a western thing
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh, and I guess that makes sense, if we got a big turnaround Monday

Besides, isu’s season might be falling apart even faster than the kitties
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:57 am
ousdahl wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:48 am I guess this should go in the game day thread, but since it’s not game day yet, why is our top 13 matchup tomorrow on at 10am here?

Because we have a Big Monday game. The rule is (supposed to be) that the Big Monday teams play during the day the Saturday before.
Texas has a legit beef, playing in Manhattan Saturday afternoon and then Lawrence Monday night. I assume they just won't go back to Austin.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:07 pm

Texas has a legit beef, playing in Manhattan Saturday afternoon and then Lawrence Monday night. I assume they just won't go back to Austin.
They won't, that's why they're at Kansas State this particular Saturday. Afternoon is not too bad, but it should probably be flipped with our game.

Only reason I'm aware of the rule is because Self got pissed and called the league out one time when we had a night home game on Saturday before a road Big Monday. It's tough when every network wants a piece of you.
Last edited by CrimsonNBlue on Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

halfway through and isu is in a 4 way tie for 2nd. 1 game out out of 1st. i'm guessing they feel pretty good about their position in life.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:10 pm halfway through and isu is in a 4 way tie for 2nd. 1 game out out of 1st. i'm guessing they feel pretty good about their position in life.
But were they historically better than KU before Larry Brown got hired? That's what matters here.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:09 pm

They won't, that's why they're at Kansas State this particular Saturday. Afternoon is not too bad, but it should probably be flipped with our game.

Only reason I'm aware of the rule is because Self got pissed and called the league out one time when we had a night home game on Saturday before a road Big Monday. It's tough when every network wants a piece of you.
I'm picking nits (and don't really care anyway, but here we are), but I'd imagine a late afternoon tip in Manhattan means Texas doesn't have to spend Friday night on the road, too.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:29 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:09 pm

I'm picking nits (and don't really care anyway, but here we are), but I'd imagine a late afternoon tip in Manhattan means Texas doesn't have to spend Friday night on the road, too.
The fact that Ames is one of the few places we bus to, the two teams might be pulling into Lawrence around the same time.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Texas has a legit beef
viewtopic.php?t=1481