Vivek ramaswamy

Ugh.
PhDhawk

Re: Vivek ramaswamy

Post by PhDhawk »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:00 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:48 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:35 am Sadly, the climate change issue is often confronted with the same failed logic as the gun violence issue: some will go to the ENDS OF THE EARTH to avoid even the suggestion that the most important factor...is the most important factor.
It just cycles back to the same lazy, selfish "I don't want to have to do anything that requires my own personal effort or have anything done by others that might in any way negatively impact what and how I want to do things" logic. It's like being surrounded by toddlers.

You suck as a fellow member of our society.
I think it's even worse than that - because absolutely everything must be shoved through the culture war loyalty test filter, what's happening is that, to maintain their bona fides in the group, rubes are forced to mindlessly (but confidently) parrot nonsense talking points that have the veneer of science (but not, you know, the rigor or substance).
They have to make the bullshit work for them. So, evolution is real, but only for non-human animals. I'm not anti-vaccine, just anti-mRNA vaccines. The environment matters, but not climate change.

There's just this ability to shut the brain off. What was that stat from several years ago, like 70% of republicans supported the affordable care act when it was described to them and called the affordable care act. But then 90% did not support it when it was called Obama-care and described in the same way. (Those numbers are probably not correct, but that was the trend)
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

To me animal agriculture is far more impactful than releasing gases from using fossil feuls. Though I suppose they are somewhat linked since fossil feuls do help power the animal agriculture industry
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Fossil feuls might be increasing the rate at which an already warming planet is warming, but animal agriculture is literally sucking the planet dry.

The methods we use to feed our global population isn't sustainable and is incredibly destructive
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:15 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:48 am
It just cycles back to the same lazy, selfish "I don't want to have to do anything that requires my own personal effort or have anything done by others that might in any way negatively impact what and how I want to do things" logic. It's like being surrounded by toddlers.

You suck as a fellow member of our society.
I think it's even worse than that - because absolutely everything must be shoved through the culture war loyalty test filter, what's happening is that, to maintain their bona fides in the group, rubes are forced to mindlessly (but confidently) parrot nonsense talking points that have the veneer of science (but not, you know, the rigor or substance).
They have to make the bullshit work for them. So, evolution is real, but only for non-human animals. I'm not anti-vaccine, just anti-mRNA vaccines. The environment matters, but not climate change.

There's just this ability to shut the brain off. What was that stat from several years ago, like 70% of republicans supported the affordable care act when it was described to them and called the affordable care act. But then 90% did not support it when it was called Obama-care and described in the same way. (Those numbers are probably not correct, but that was the trend)
That's what happens when you start with a conclusion and work backwards from there.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Republicans can be just as blindly biased as democrats can. Which i why i always encourage people to think for themselves and abandon the 2 party system/culture war
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

randylahey wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:19 pm Fossil feuls might be increasing the rate at which an already warming planet is warming, but animal agriculture is literally sucking the planet dry.

The methods we use to feed our global population isn't sustainable and is incredibly destructive
I take it that you are a veg(etari)an?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

zsn wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:40 pm
randylahey wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:19 pm Fossil feuls might be increasing the rate at which an already warming planet is warming, but animal agriculture is literally sucking the planet dry.

I take it that you are a veg(etari)an?
And of course, the big pragmatic problem with selective science is that it needlessly constrains the solution set; if you simply MUST, for ideological purposes, minimize or even eliminate certain causes of the issue, then you're forced to max out responses that address "permitted" causes of the issue.

In other words, you are forced to solve problems MUCH less efficiently (and, therefore, MUCH more expensively/disruptively) than if you were just honest about what the problems are, and why.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:23 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:15 pm

That's what happens when you start with a conclusion and work backwards from there.
That's how I fill out my tournament brackets.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I challenge Vivek (and you - randy) to name one fatherless person and/or person with mental health disorders who didn't have a gun that shot someone.

As far as his BLM claim...

What part of this states a "wanna annihilate the nuclear family structure"?

"We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and ‘villages’ that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable."

"We make our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We dismantle the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work ‘double shifts’ so that they can mother in private even as they participate in public justice work."
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Then by all means, let’s stop forcing women to give birth to unwanted children.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Overlander wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:07 pm
Then by all means, let’s stop forcing women to give birth to unwanted children.
Sort of agree. Im pro abortion under some circumstances. The obvious 2 are if a pregnancy could cause medical complications that endanger the mother and child, or if the pregnancy stems from rape
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Where im less opinionated is where abortion is people's go to bail out for the "oops, accidentally got pregnant"

I know some kids being born in those situations would not have the ideal upbringing. Im not a huge advocate for terminating unplanned pregnancies, cause I mean at the end of the day it is killing a baby. But I also don't think it should be illegal. That government overreach on the republican side that I disagree with
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

randylahey wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:16 pm Where im less opinionated is where abortion is people's go to bail out for the "oops, accidentally got pregnant"
Dumb, but par
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

randylahey wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:16 pm Where im less opinionated is where abortion is people's go to bail out for the "oops, accidentally got pregnant"

I know some kids being born in those situations would not have the ideal upbringing. Im not a huge advocate for terminating unplanned pregnancies, cause I mean at the end of the day it is killing a baby. But I also don't think it should be illegal. That government overreach on the republican side that I disagree with
If it's killing a baby, why is that ok in the case of rape?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Mjl wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:32 pm

Its still killing a baby. But, a nonsensual rape baby
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Why is it most of you have this mentality where we have to take every measure to save every life possible when it comes to certain things? Like gun laws and covid. But when it comes to abortion its perfectly ok and justified to abort babies lives
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:36 pm
Mjl wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:32 pm

Its still killing a baby. But, a nonsensual rape baby
Frame it, send it to the Louvre.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

randylahey wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:40 pm Why is it most of you have this mentality where we have to take every measure to save every life possible when it comes to certain things? Like gun laws and covid. But when it comes to abortion its perfectly ok and justified to abort babies lives
They're gonna die eventually anyway, right randy? So it's NBD.
Defense. Rebounds.