COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
MICHHAWK

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by MICHHAWK »

that person lives in fantasy land. look up the mandates for fantasy land real quick.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:41 am i cannot imagine how any person could possibly argue in favor of how the world reacted to the china fungus. not only argue in favor of it. but suggest we should have gone farther.

or maybe they are just messing with me in fun. sometimes i'm slow to recognize the joke.
Fish is dead serious. Anyone else i could see joking about it. Sometimes I make comments joking when people get too serious. But this guy is a whole extra level of extreme lol
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:41 am Maybe you're trying to say the president didn't? But local cities states counties had all sorts of varying levels of mask mandates. Thousands of businesses everywhere had requirements for employees, customers, and visitors alike to wear masks or be vaccinated
But this is a super important distinction that should not be glossed over so casually.

I shouldn’t have to explain that local government action - or the action of employers - is fundamentally different from federal government mandates.

This cognitive dissonance is why I say that the “right” has pivoted very much away from traditional conservative principles. The “right” is now all FOR centralized rule making and rule enforcement…at the expense of local/private rule making and rule enforcement…so long as what is being sought is aligned with the principles of the new “right.”
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:54 am
randylahey wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:41 am Maybe you're trying to say the president didn't? But local cities states counties had all sorts of varying levels of mask mandates. Thousands of businesses everywhere had requirements for employees, customers, and visitors alike to wear masks or be vaccinated
But this is a super important distinction that should not be glossed over so casually.

I shouldn’t have to explain that local government action - or the action of employers - is fundamentally different from federal government mandates.

This cognitive dissonance is why I say that the “right” has pivoted very much away from traditional conservative principles. The “right” is now all FOR centralized rule making and rule enforcement…at the expense of local/private rule making and rule enforcement…so long as what is being sought is aligned with the principles of the new “right.”
Just stop. Lol
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Nobody said "federal mandates"

A local mandate is still a fucking mandate. And they were everywhere
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:41 am i cannot imagine how any person could possibly argue in favor of how the world reacted to the china fungus. not only argue in favor of it. but suggest we should have gone farther.

or maybe they are just messing with me in fun. sometimes i'm slow to recognize the joke.
From my point of view, if…

…Option A is what was actually done, and
…Option B would have been universal indoor masking (without closing anything down), then…

…I would think that Option B would have been significantly less restrictive/burdensome.

But again, I don’t think we knew, until months in (for reasons attributable to our isolationist grift king and his consorts), that Option B would actually have worked better than Option A (in addition to being less restrictive/burdensome).
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:58 am Nobody said "federal mandates"

A local mandate is still a fucking mandate. And they were everywhere
Even taking for granted that what you’re calling mandates were in fact mandates…then aren’t those decisions properly made, if ever, at the local (or private, or employer) level?

Find me a couple examples - pick the most egregious ones you’d like - and let’s discuss. That’s what reasonable people do.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i guess at this point it really does not matter. we will know better the next time china whips up a fungus and ships it around the world.

we will certainly know what not to do.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Awful lot of posts from folks who insist covid is "over"

Awful lot of posts from folks who complain about the length of this thread.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

55 deaths from covid this week in KY.
Defense. Rebounds.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

egads!
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Still very dangerous. Get boosted if you can
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i get boosted like every 4 months.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:22 amegads!
1.1 million US deaths in about 36 months. That’s three or four widebody airliners falling out of the sky every day, or 9/11 occurring every third day, for three years. Or WW1 happening all at once, about ten times. Or WW2 happening all at once, about three times.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

tHe PEopLE THat diEd weRe GONnA dIe AnyWaYs!!!
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Say that 99% of our Covid deaths were inevitable in the short term. We’ve STILL gone to war for less. And yet, it was somehow all don’t tread on me to ask people to wear masks on airplanes etc.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:59 am tHe PEopLE THat diEd weRe GONnA dIe AnyWaYs!!!
Would they have been immortal if not for covid? Lol
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Or were those sickly enough to get picked off by covid going to miraculously live on forever? All their other ailments would've magically healed
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

randylahey wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:07 pm
pdub wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:59 am tHe PEopLE THat diEd weRe GONnA dIe AnyWaYs!!!
Would they have been immortal if not for covid? Lol
Denser than plutonium.

Here is what plutonium is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plutonium

I'd ignore the entire right column. It'll probably get you angry or something.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Be realistic about the cycles of life and death on this planet lol. Pull up all the stats on people that died from covid. Filter out all the elderly, obese, and people with preexisting conditions. And out how many there truly were