Re: Islamic terrorism vs, white nationalism

Post by defixione »

If this site is credible, DC is right:
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-mete ... behind-it/
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

defixione wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:53 pm If this site is credible, DC is right:
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-mete ... behind-it/
And so am I, more killed by Islamic terrorists, than by right wing extremists. (from your link)
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

the right wingers are just less competent
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

So...yer sayin' electing Bill Ayers' buddy wuz a mistake?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

dolomite wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:13 pm Both are bad but why does Rashida Tlaib condem only white nationalism? I guess she forgets about 9/11. et.al.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_I ... st_attacks

"No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith." Winston Churchill (Obama, not a fan of)
"Forgets about 9/11"? Wouldn't that be our current president who embraces whatever the country that the majority of 9/11 attackers were from does, including some pretty awful stuff involving U.S. residents?
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

TraditionKU wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:27 pm the right wingers are just less competent
"Most of the attacks were carried out by far-right violent extremists. But more people died during attacks connected with Islamic jihadist extremists."

Most of the attacks, just as I thought.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:46 pm
zsn wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:27 pm
dolomite wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:44 pm
So the remaining third is just to be ignored. Got it.
We did something in the days/years following, such as enhanced screening, taking shoes off at the airport etc. What have we done about white nationalists stocking up on assault rifles and high-capacity magazines?
This is the same bullshit that was peddled in the 1990s -- when it was my job to follow it. It was untrue then, and it's equally untrue now. Most of it -- then and now -- is based exaggerated data created specifically for the purpose of raising funds by one organization, featured, interestingly enough, in the "feel good story of the year!"
What exaggerated data are you talking about? I never cited any "data" per-se........I don't think that "enhanced screening" and increased security implemented post-9/11 is an exaggeration. Neither is it that we still allow purchase of high-capacity magazines in most placed in the country. We reacted forcefully after one event (as we rightly should) but not after another regardless of the perpetrator, white nationalists or Jihadists (although the former is more likely to resort to this sort of modus operandum)
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Sorry. I assumed that when you wrote about "white nationalists stocking up on assault rifles and high-capacity magazines" that you actually thought that white nationalists are stocking up on assault rifles and high-capacity magazines.

Turns out neither I nor you knows what you're talking about.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

TraditionKU wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:27 pm the right wingers are just less competent
Thank God.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

dolomite wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:13 pm Both are bad but why does Rashida Tlaib condem only white nationalism? I guess she forgets about 9/11. et.al.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_I ... st_attacks

"No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith." Winston Churchill (Obama, not a fan of)
You seem to have conveniently forgotten which country the 9/11 attackers were from, because your president loves him some dictators from that country who torture and slaughter American journalists.
Don't inject Lysol.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

dolomite wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:16 pm
Geezer wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:10 pm How many attacks since?
One is too many.
Apply this answer to White Nationalism as well, please.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:19 am Sorry. I assumed that when you wrote about "white nationalists stocking up on assault rifles and high-capacity magazines" that you actually thought that white nationalists are stocking up on assault rifles and high-capacity magazines.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/201 ... akers.html

Huh, that's odd.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Good point. Because the plural of anecdote IS data.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:33 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:19 am Sorry. I assumed that when you wrote about "white nationalists stocking up on assault rifles and high-capacity magazines" that you actually thought that white nationalists are stocking up on assault rifles and high-capacity magazines.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/201 ... akers.html

Huh, that's odd.
"murder innocent civilians on a scale rarely seen in this country,"

wait, are they talking about somewhere other than Merica?
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

There's no such thing as white nationalism. It's just a white country.