Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 89

Re: NBA Offseason

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Wiggs in houston is intriguing
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:53 pm Andrew wiggins being actively shopped by the timberwolves supposedly.
Rockets Celtics and timberwolves looking into a 3 team trade where minnesota gets Gordon Hayward, Boston gets Chris Paul, and Houston gets Wiggins.

maybe the 3 players with the 3 most ridiculous contracts in the league right now. (or John Wall)
and it would complete the chris paul james harden divorce
Wow, interesting scenario. You have a has been, a never was and probably will never be, and a guy ruined by injury all involved in the same trade.
Have to wonder if the trade helps one, two, all three, or none of the teams involved - for next season.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:53 pm Andrew wiggins being actively shopped by the timberwolves supposedly.
Rockets Celtics and timberwolves looking into a 3 team trade where minnesota gets Gordon Hayward, Boston gets Chris Paul, and Houston gets Wiggins.

maybe the 3 players with the 3 most ridiculous contracts in the league right now. (or John Wall)
and it would complete the chris paul james harden divorce
I would be shocked if someone took on that Wiggins contract. It has 4 years left on it with no options out for either the team or the player.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Is it possible for a trade to hurt all three teams?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Cascadia wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:22 am Twocoach is so hell bent on being the smartest poster on the board that he/she takes the dumbest fucking stances and proceeds to throw a temper tantrum when people don’t agree.

Aka Illy 2.0
Or I like to give reasons and statistics to explain why I feel the way I do about things. I dont give a shit whether anyone thinks I am smart or dumb. I enjoy talking about sports and I enjoy researching stuff. It's really no more nefarious than that.

And I dont feel I have thrown any temper tantrums at all. The worst I do is fail to read all the other comments on here and miss stuff or fail to read a link that has been already covered. I only check in on the site here and there through the work day so I tend to fire off a bunch of responses all at once. I just dont have enough time to read everything here, especially now that I can only access this site through my phone while at work.

My work has gotten much busier the last handful of months and will be nasty until about the start of KU hoops season. So if I miss a few things, meh. We'll live.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Geezer wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:47 pm Is it possible for a trade to hurt all three teams?
Wiggins stunk with Jimmy Butler on the roster so putting him with an even more annoying ball hog seems like it would be a terrible idea.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

TDub wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:00 pm
twocoach wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:04 am
jfish26 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:55 am

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but a good amount of people will say Kobe had a better career, based on the titles.

Nevermind - I am saying that's wrong. But lots and lots of people will think this.
Oh, I know. But just a reminder that just because "lots and lots of people" think doesn't mean it's a good idea...

4 in 10 Americans dont know what Auschwitz was.

37% of polled Americans could not name a single right protected by the Bill of Rights and 33% could not name one branch of the government.

25% of polled Americans thought the sun orbited the earth.

34% or Americans reject evolution entirely.

We are a nation with "lots and lots" of morons.

Did they only poll MISSOURI?
FYP
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
Deleted User 89

Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:04 pm
twocoach wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:04 am
Oh, I know. But just a reminder that just because "lots and lots of people" think doesn't mean it's a good idea...

4 in 10 Americans dont know what Auschwitz was.

37% of polled Americans could not name a single right protected by the Bill of Rights and 33% could not name one branch of the government.

25% of polled Americans thought the sun orbited the earth.

34% or Americans reject evolution entirely.

We are a nation with "lots and lots" of morons.

Did they only poll MISERY?
FYP
FYFYP
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:18 am
Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:04 pm

Did they only poll METHZOO?
FYP
FYFYP
FYFYFYP
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Zion being sued for 100 million -- what a joke. People are unrealistic in what they expect to sue someone for. I'm not fan of Zion, but I defend him against this type of bullshit that certain attorney's attempt and somehow keep a straight face.

BTW, where is the NBA draft thread? Someone please create one.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

lobster wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:51 pm Zion being sued for 100 million -- what a joke. People are unrealistic in what they expect to sue someone for. I'm not fan of Zion, but I defend him against this type of bullshit that certain attorney's attempt and somehow keep a straight face.
As a defense litigator, I 100% agree and thank you for this sentiment!!!!

But, seriously, the prayed-for damages and opening demands are almost never straight-faced numbers.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That's not nearly enough sauce.
Deleted User 89

if zion broke a legal agreement, then he deserves to face repercussions

though, that amount is a bit absurd
Deleted User 266

Ja is your Purple Highness tonight.
Deleted User 266

pdub wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:18 pm That's not nearly enough sauce.
POTD

As far as Zion being sued for 100 million, it's just a number.
CAA will basically tell Prime to go fuck themselves and at best Prime walks away with a very small percentage of the 100 million.
Primes sucks. As most NCAA basketball and football fans who have gotten fucked by them can attest too.

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/06/13/zion- ... -gina-ford
Deleted User 266

Well... Sure seems the TWolves are legitimately trying to move Wiggs.
Team would have to be nuts and/or desperate to take him and his salary but stranger things have happened.
Deleted User 266

Anybody home? Is my mic on?

Call me crazy (I am) but the fricking Chicago Bools have a sh*t ton of young talent and athleticism.
Problem is they have a guy who has no real business coaching them.
Would have loved to have seen what someone such as Pitino could do with these kids.
Should be a fun team to watch and I'm predicting they end up with the 7th or 8th seed.
Nowhere to go but up.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

GarPax will fuck it up.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Langford to Boston? Seems like he did pretty well for himself.