RIP Max

Kansas Basketball.
DrPepper

Re: RIP Max

Post by DrPepper »

An integral part of Jayhawk sports memories.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

There is a reason the dude has a jersey hanging.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I had the pleasure of interviewing Max a couple of times during my spell at Kansas. I was interviewing him because I was a young sports caster working for KJHK at the time. He was without question one of the nicest people I ever met and he was more than accommodating with his time to try to help a young man find his way. It was especially special to me because, like so many of you, I grew up listening to him on the radio. My career took me in a different path, in that I did not end up in sports broadcasting but the few moments that I got to spend with him had a lasting impression on my life.

RIP Max. A perfect gentleman.
Arjhawk

Post by Arjhawk »

Between Max with the 'Hawks and Denny with the Royals I have been blessed ever since the old transistor under the covers days...
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

We need some replays.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I went searching for games on YouTube called by Bob & Max but didn't find anything on initial search.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Cascadia wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:50 pm I had the pleasure of interviewing Max a couple of times during my spell at Kansas. I was interviewing him because I was a young sports caster working for KJHK at the time. He was without question one of the nicest people I ever met and he was more than accommodating with his time to try to help a young man find his way. It was especially special to me because, like so many of you, I grew up listening to him on the radio. My career took me in a different path, in that I did not end up in sports broadcasting but the few moments that I got to spend with him had a lasting impression on my life.

cascadia?

https://youtu.be/YfC9jWj-Hvo
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Cascadia wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:50 pm I had the pleasure of interviewing Max a couple of times during my spell at Kansas. I was interviewing him because I was a young sports caster working for KJHK at the time. He was without question one of the nicest people I ever met and he was more than accommodating with his time to try to help a young man find his way. It was especially special to me because, like so many of you, I grew up listening to him on the radio. My career took me in a different path, in that I did not end up in sports broadcasting but the few moments that I got to spend with him had a lasting impression on my life.

cascadia?

https://youtu.be/YfC9jWj-Hvo

Haha, I wish!
PortlandHawk

Post by PortlandHawk »

This is the nicest thing you have ever said here.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

In the later years of his life Max stayed in some of the comfiest looking sweaters.
Holidaysmore - 2005
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

holidaysmore wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:16 pm In the later years of his life Max stayed in some of the comfiest looking sweaters.
One of my life goals is to live long enough that I get to the point where I'm cold all the time and can wear sweaters to hot buildings.

I'm sweating just thinking of wearing a sweater to AFH.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:37 pm
holidaysmore wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:16 pm In the later years of his life Max stayed in some of the comfiest looking sweaters.
One of my life goals is to live long enough that I get to the point where I'm cold all the time and can wear sweaters to hot buildings.

I'm sweating just thinking of wearing a sweater to AFH.
^^^ x 100.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

Sad day, one of the best.