next soccer question

Other Sports.
noosh

Re: next soccer question

Post by noosh »

pdub wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:18 am I think Deandre Yedlin is a name to throw in there.
Injury kept him out of the Gold Cup.
Tim Weah is probably our youngest up and comer.
LOL holy shit Yedlin. Love it when people who actually don't know shit about soccer talk about soccer.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Soccer reigns supreme as the world’s most boring and pointless sport, with baseball running a close second.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Good to have psych back with his hot takes.
Don’t worry that it’s the most watched sport in the world and continually expanding in the USA ( MLS adding teams left and right ).
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

pdub wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:06 am Good to have psych back with his hot takes.
Don’t worry that it’s the most watched sport in the world and continually expanding in the USA ( MLS adding teams left and right ).
Most of the world is not a place I would care to live. They are welcome to keep their boring, pointless pastimes there.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

The guys a half tater, what else do you expect?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Cascadia wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:33 pm The guys a half tater, what else do you expect?
Not I. Can’t control the choices made by people we love, however.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

HouseDivided wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:45 pm
pdub wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:06 am Good to have psych back with his hot takes.
Most of the world is not a place I would care to live. They are welcome to keep their boring, pointless pastimes there.
I missed this xenophobic warped patriotism while you were on absence.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I really love how the Premier League is so readily available to watch here in the States now.

Only downside is it makes my interest in MLS wane. I know that is something "footy dude" would say, but EPL really is just more fun to watch on average without factoring in rooting interests.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

For sure, it’s better soccer.
But if I’m flipping channels, I’ll watch a random MLS game any day over a random MLB or NHL game.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

MLB is in a tough spot. For background sports yesterday afternoon, we opted for a replay of Bundesliga over Yankees/Dodgers live.

Given that that is anecdotal, I'll also throw out that I heard MLB is expecting 1,000,000 less fans on total attendance this season. All while shattering HR records. Sucks, I do like watching baseball, but MLB needs to adapt.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

If it was still a 2 hour or 2 1/2 hour sport, interest would be higher.
Season is also too damn long.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Baseball is worse off for being a HR or strikeout sport.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

And as it becomes less popular, the games stars lose their drawing power so fewer show up.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If the KC Wizards can beat a reeling Houston team on the road Saturday night, they are back in the playoff convo.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:44 pm Baseball is worse off for being a HR or strikeout sport.
I'd have to agree, but it's like what Jeff Passan said last week on 810: we're far from a point where fans are leaving baseball games and saying: "man, there were too many homeruns today."
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:05 am If the KC Wizards can beat a reeling Houston team on the road Saturday night, they are back in the playoff convo.
Portland ahead of them, but Wiz have 2 games against them.

Could come down to last game against Dallas in Dallas.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Last couple of months it has been a season I want to quit and then Sporting will give the tiniest sliver of hope and then blow a bad game. Expect more of the same.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I will say this. They have one game that they can afford to lose. And it's at the fighting Zlatans. Other than that, you have to get a result out of the rest of the games.

Remaining games:
H vs Houston
A vs Portland
A vs LA Galaxy (The only L they can afford really)
H vs Colorado
A vs Minnesota
H vs Portland
A vs Dallas

Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:44 pm Baseball is worse off for being a HR or strikeout sport.
absolutely. it's brutal to watch
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Wizards face Timber tomorrow, both chasing the Galaxy for the last playoff spot.