2019 College Football Season

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: 2019 College Football Season

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:15 am ESPN+ Doing documentary following Long in November for coaching search through Spring and Summer with Miles. And then during the 2019 season as well.

Very similar to a Last Chance U type of thing.

https://twitter.com/themattgalloway/sta ... 77472?s=21
First 4 episodes will come out August 29th, Thursday.

Miles went on GetUp on ESPN to somewhat announce the series.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Also called "Miles To Go"
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

#TheJayhawksAreComing

Also the amount of video the football team is putting out is tremendous. They are making a clear push to get people excited about this football.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

As if I needed more koolaid to drink.

Feels a little like Hard Knocks HBO when they follow a bad team and then everyone jumps on the bandwagon before the team goes 6-10.
vmlb

Post by vmlb »

Would be great if we went 6-10 ie. 4-8.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:49 am #TheJayhawksAreComing

Also the amount of video the football team is putting out is tremendous. They are making a clear push to get people excited about this football.
Smacker, his daughter, makes videos as well. It also helps that she's really attractive, well spoken, a good unofficial spokesperson of the team and of Les Miles.

I get excited seeing the videos and the mic'd up sessions.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

vmlb wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:20 am Would be great if we went 6-10 ie. 4-8.
Would freaking take that in a heartbeat for year 1. Which is sad to say, but it's also the state of the program.

noosh

Post by noosh »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:47 am I will say this. Ohio State will only be slightly more likeable without that twat Urban Meyer on the sidelines.

But I still want them to lose everytime they play a school not named Missouri.
Jealous little bitch. Bucks are going to be stacked. HC Ryan Day is going to have Fields breaking all sorts of records now that he's in charge and implements Chip Kelly's offense here in the BUS.

Day's daughter brought Buckeye swag to all the kids in her class 1st day of school, was fucking rad. My kid is in her class and the guy is legit as fuck.

BUT....just in case it doesn't work out Urban is a phone call away. His new restaurant is opening up in Dublin in a few weeks and you know this is just a year or two off before he's back in THE SHOE bringing us SHIPs.

Also...get ready to hate TOSU bball. Our recruiting class is one that would make Kansas fans jizz in their pants. Holtmann is the fucking man. He did tell me he's trying to schedule a H&H with KU but Self is being a bitch about it. Holtmann's words, not mine.
noosh

Post by noosh »

vmlb wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:30 pm Listened to 580 today, and they had a former Miles player on. He sold me on our new coach.
LOL love our fans. The fact the guy owns natty ring didn't sell you? LOLOLOLOL same KU football dumbfuck fans that were literally cumming all over themselves when Beaty was hired have to be "sold" on Miles. LOLOL jesus
noosh

Post by noosh »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:59 am
holidaysmore wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:49 am #TheJayhawksAreComing

Smacker, his daughter, makes videos as well. It also helps that she's really attractive, well spoken, a good unofficial spokesperson of the team and of Les Miles.

I get excited seeing the videos and the mic'd up sessions.
Love nepotism when it involves very sexy chicks. Would love to see some more video of her IF YOU CATCH MY DRIFT
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

What the .......man those OSU fans everywhere..... and Fields is a back up QB who couldn't win the job in GEORGIA so good luck with that....when Urban leaves means team going south so maybe you get a bowl game this year like the San Diego Country Credit Union Holiday Bowl LOL
noosh

Post by noosh »

hartjack8 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:46 pm What the .......man those OSU fans everywhere..... and Fields is a back up QB who couldn't win the job in GEORGIA so good luck with that....when Urban leaves means team going south so maybe you get a bowl game this year like the San Diego Country Credit Union Holiday Bowl LOL
bitch please lol
It's not like Fields was down there in Athens trying to unseat Carter Stanley.
Dude will be in the Heisman conversation if not this year MOS DEF next year.
Urban had to take a timeout to let my down-the-street-neighbor's husband's situation blow over. In the #metoo era gotta make it look right. If Day goes 10-2 and we play for the B1G ship and beat TTUN, it's all good. anything less and Urban will be back next season as I don't think he's cut out for being a restauranteur.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

https://twitter.com/e60/status/1164589035244969985?s=21

Feature on Les Sunday morning at 8 Jayhawk time.

Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

Great!
You have to love that Les is a clown who needs to have the spotlight on him.
That's going to be good for how many wins a season?
It's so fucking unnecessary and the fact that we have a puppet AD (who by the way was a fucking farce at Pitt and Arkansas) who is allowing it shows me it's business as usual for KU Football - and for Jeff Long.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

You're missing the point Gutter.

There is buzz around FREAKING KANSAS FOOTBALL. I personally think Les doesn't need the spotlight on him. As Brando said in the clip, he just loves to enjoy the moment. I don't know if he craves it or necessarily does that well in it. But he enjoys it and has fun and that's important right now to this program and to this university.

There are plenty of fans from all over, especially from the Bayou who are now paying attention to Kansas football. Even when KU won the Orange Bowl, I don't think they had this much publicity going for them as what they do right now. From Jeff Long, who was the head of the Original CFP committee, to dollars being thrown at recruiting (15th for the 2019 class) and now a FBS Champion at the helm of the program.

Jump on board, Gutter.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don't care if he loves the spotlight.
Start winning games at Kansas and you can dress like a Jayhawk and take shits on the field for all I care.
noosh

Post by noosh »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:24 am You're missing the point Gutter.

There is buzz around FREAKING KANSAS FOOTBALL. I personally think Les doesn't need the spotlight on him. As Brando said in the clip, he just loves to enjoy the moment. I don't know if he craves it or necessarily does that well in it. But he enjoys it and has fun and that's important right now to this program and to this university.

There are plenty of fans from all over, especially from the Bayou who are now paying attention to Kansas football. Even when KU won the Orange Bowl, I don't think they had this much publicity going for them as what they do right now. From Jeff Long, who was the head of the Original CFP committee, to dollars being thrown at recruiting (15th for the 2019 class) and now a FBS Champion at the helm of the program.

Jump on board, Gutter.
LOL there's been buzz around KU football about 5 times in past 12 years or however many times we've gotten new coaches. This time it's more around 'WTF is this living legend thinking blowing out his legacy by going to kansas?'. It's like a car wreck. Can't help but look as you drive by.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Local and fan buzz is one thing. National buzz is a different thing.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Hell the only national buzz Kansas had since letting go of Mangino was Charlie Weis at Media day calling his team a piece of crap.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Jeff Long was not a farce at either Pitt or Arkansas, holy god.