KU basketball expected to face multiple major violation allegations from NCAA:

Kansas Basketball.
Geezer

Re: KU basketball expected to face multiple major violation allegations from NCAA:

Post by Geezer »

Cascadia wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:18 pm Lol, the NCAA has very little ammo.
I agree.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
JayhawkInIowa726

Re: KU basketball expected to face multiple major violation allegations from NCAA:

Post by JayhawkInIowa726 »

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2019/sep/ ... hat-doesn/

Interesting article.... almost like he's reading this board. I don't think he convinces me that the NCAA has this unbeatable case against KU but it's interesting that they're definitely considering the reasons we tend to feel that the NCAA's case is BS and making an argument that those reasons don't really matter.

Would love to see some non-biased (Obviously not Pat Forde and Dan Wetzel) media that sides with KU, but I haven't really found it yet.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Geezer wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:08 pm
Cascadia wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:18 pm Lol, the NCAA has very little ammo.
I agree.
if there was a smoking gun, wouldn't have it been identified in the notice by now?

or ohhh! maybe the NCAA has an ace up their sleeve!

they do like their gotcha moments.

hypothetically.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

JayhawkInIowa726 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:23 pm http://www2.kusports.com/news/2019/sep/ ... hat-doesn/

Interesting article.... almost like he's reading this board. I don't think he convinces me that the NCAA has this unbeatable case against KU but it's interesting that they're definitely considering the reasons we tend to feel that the NCAA's case is BS and making an argument that those reasons don't really matter.

Would love to see some non-biased (Obviously not Pat Forde and Dan Wetzel) media that sides with KU, but I haven't really found it yet.
That article made me change my mind from "we're fine" to "we're screwed"
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

so the big question is whether the booster hypo sticks?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

JayhawkInIowa726 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:23 pm http://www2.kusports.com/news/2019/sep/ ... hat-doesn/

I haven’t seen an article yet that states that Kansas has a good shot at getting out of this relatively unscathed. Fr everything I’ve read, and as Lawhorn states, Kansas’ best option is to find that gray area and stay there to where nothing is indisputable one way or the other.

This is worrisome guys. Some deep doodoo type of stuff.

The way Preston and Silvio were handled has nothing to do with the result of how this will work. As Lawhorn stated, KU got busted in 88 for impermissible benefits to a guy who just thought about transferring to KU. Never made it to campus like Preston did.

KU needs to stop acting like victims. The victim thing went out the window once they re-upped with adidas. KU will need to (and probably already has) hires the best attorneys to get as less of a penalty as possible. Because right now, from everything I’ve read and heard, it seems like Self will be suspended for a significant period of time and this program will have a multi year tournament ban.

We are not good.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

A multiyear tournament ban would be ridiculous.
Ville hasn't been handed down anything for something worse.
UNC got off unscathed b/c it fought back.

If you have to drag it out then you do.

NCAA needs to set standards and apply them evenly.
You can't punish with such a helter skelter method.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:54 am
The way Preston and Silvio were handled has nothing to do with the result of how this will work. As Lawhorn stated, KU got busted in 88 for impermissible benefits to a guy who just thought about transferring to KU. Never made it to campus like Preston did.
Not saying it's right, but this is why things need to change within the NCAA. They are using an example from over 30 years ago like things are the same. It would be like punishing a coach for texting a recruit when the rulebook says they can only communicate via landline phone calls.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Over/under pages for this thread is set at 99.5.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

pdub wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:20 am Over/under pages for this thread is set at 99.5.
under

won’t make it past 55
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Was Preston really worth $90 grand?

Rather, if Preston was worth $90 grand as only a top 25 recruit and g-league player, then how much are the once-in-a-generation guys really getting?!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Zion didn't get anything.
Duke investigated and found nothing.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:10 am A multiyear tournament ban would be ridiculous.

But, that's what they do. And they're not going to stop until either (a) someone tells them to, which can really only be a court or congress, or (b) the schools that matter tell them to knock it the fuck off with this shit.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Oh, I know that's what they do.
It's a shit show.
I'm not a fan of how the NCAA manages/has managed things.

I'm a fan of many of the things they try to stand for but they do a poor job of executing.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

pdub wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:20 am Over/under pages for this thread is set at 99.5.
Over.

Newtonhawk and gutter will each have a 100 pages
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I'm far from a common poster. But I'm just trying to tell everyone that this won't just be blown away. This won't be pretty for all sides.

In all honesty, if KU plays this right, this could literally change the structure and power of the NCAA.

It's not a matter of if Kansas gets penalized, it's when, how severe and the length.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I like you Newton, but for your own health, I'd lay off the Wolken and Forde following.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:10 am A multiyear tournament ban would be ridiculous.

I have a bad feeling that they will be using this Kansas case to set the standard and then will be applying it to the rest of the teams that are going to get their turn.

I did see that the ncaa has suspended the response timeframe deadlines so in theory, Kansas can drag this out significantly.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:01 am I'm far from a common poster. But I'm just trying to tell everyone that this won't just be blown away. This won't be pretty for all sides.

In all honesty, if KU plays this right, this could literally change the structure and power of the NCAA.

It's not a matter of if Kansas gets penalized, it's when, how severe and the length.
Agreed. There is virtually zero chance that KU and Self walk away from this without a significant punishment.