kstate game

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: kstate game

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Well tweet got deleted. Trying to figure out how to post a screenshot to here.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Yeah, those aren't it. Those do look like the new adidas template that ASU and other 'flagship' adidas schools have been rocking.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah that's what I saw as well.

Surely those can't be it. I think they wear those for a home game, not a game in Lawrence against a team that is purple and silver.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

ChalkRocker wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:32 pm BEAT STATE!!!

BEAT STATE!!!

BEAT STATE!!!

^^^^^^ this. guy. gets. it.

Go, KU!!
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

On the plane I’m a few hours, eating bbq, coming into Lawrence. Been too long since I was exciting to come in for a football game.

Dare I say basketball has gotten stale minus the tournament for me much of the time.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Gqcolorado wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:25 am On the plane I’m a few hours, eating bbq, coming into Lawrence. Been too long since I was exciting to come in for a football game.

Dare I say basketball has gotten stale minus the tournament for me much of the time.
Welcome home!

Feel the same way. Between constant battles with the NCAA for eligibility and now the looming NOA penalties the excitement for KU basketball is not where it use to be for me.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Gqcolorado wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:25 am On the plane I’m a few hours, eating bbq, coming into Lawrence. Been too long since I was exciting to come in for a football game.

Rock Chalk GQ!

It truly is strange that it is November and KU fans are more focused on a football game then a top 5 matchup in basketball in just a few days.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Newton I truly hope that is reflected in crowd numbers tomorrow.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I'm expecting a 65/35 split favoring KU.

And I'll be severely disappointed if it's not that.

KU football is fun to watch. Dearmon and Miles have made this team fun to watch and this is a game that means something for the first time in 10 years.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

We're still KU. This board represents the 1% of KU fans.

Most KU fans have moved on to basketball and a loss to Kansas State and a win over Duke in the next 4 days and it's lights out at The Booth.

Of course, I'll watch every last game on the gridiron and am pumped for tomorrow. Get us to a bowl game and I'll probably have to trek over to Memphis even though it's one of the worst cities and worst airports in the country.
HenrySwanson

Post by HenrySwanson »

With a win over KSU, Les Miles would have more wins in is first season at KU than in his predecessor's final season. The last coach to do that at KU was....

Terry Allen

(yes, I was shocked also)
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I also didn't realize the last coach to beat TTU before Les was....Terry Allen.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Freaking 2-19 against Tech.

Even worse, KU is 4-14 against Baylor. Even when Baylor was bad bad bad, Kansas wasn't beating them much.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

holidaysmore wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:00 am I also didn't realize the last coach to beat TTU before Les was....Terry Allen.
2004: Up 30-5 against Tech at home and allowed 2 huge runs in the 4th to end the game. I know you were there for that one.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I was there.
Ouch.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

That explains it.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I was also there for the 04 win v ksu and the wins v Tulsa and Toledo.
And also this one:

"You know what this is all about, don't you? BCS. That's what made a difference today in the game," Mangino said. "That's what made the difference in a call in front of their bench. Dollar signs."
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Frosh year for all of me, your bro, holidays, Russell Robinson, Sasha Kaun, Darnell Jackson (senior class of 08 championship and the class to start the streak of 14), and all of the Seniors and RS Juniors on the 2007 football team.

You're welcome.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:10 am I was also there for the 04 win v ksu and the wins v Tulsa and Toledo.
And also this one:

"You know what this is all about, don't you? BCS. That's what made a difference today in the game," Mangino said. "That's what made the difference in a call in front of their bench. Dollar signs."
I sat 50 yard line for that Texas game in 04. Crowd was so incredibly mad. Texas got lucky to get out of there with a win.

That 4th and 18 run by Young to go by Reid basically sealed the game.