COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:18 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:07 am
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:04 amAlso, who's paying for these unvaxxed hospital bills? I'm pretty sure Mich and I are both tired of them sucking at the teet.
This is something I also can't get over, especially as it pertains to hypocrisy.

One of the conservative talking points against national health care was that some people were pissy about the idea of, in a round about way, paying for some dumbass's poor life and health choices. And here we are now defending someone "right" to drive 120 MPH on the wrong side of the road.
There isn't a single complaint of the unvaccinated that isn't hypocritically opposite of their stance on other issues.

This is nothing more than "I don't like to be told what I can and cannot do". They can dress up their arguments with whatever buzz words they find on social media but ultimately, that is the crux of their stance.
Yes, that and trying to own the other side.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Me and my vaccinated friends are going to golf and enjoy life this afternoon. You guys keep fighting the good fight in here. Hopefully 1 or 2 unvaccinated people reading this board decide to get vaccinated today. Lets keep making progress!
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:17 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:07 am
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:04 amAlso, who's paying for these unvaxxed hospital bills? I'm pretty sure Mich and I are both tired of them sucking at the teet.
This is something I also can't get over, especially as it pertains to hypocrisy.

One of the conservative talking points against national health care was that some people were pissy about the idea of, in a round about way, paying for some dumbass's poor life and health choices. And here we are now defending someone "right" to drive 120 MPH on the wrong side of the road.
Private health insurance is not the same as healthcare or medical service.

Health insurance is a tool healthy individuals use to reduce medical costs.
Yeah I meant the arguments being thrown around pre-ACA.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:23 am
TDub wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:12 am and trad said i was using duterte example for dramatic effect.
you were
I wasnt. Have you been following along?
Just Ledoux it
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Nice!

Their frozen chicken isn't great, but better than most....and now i will continue to support their business even more than before.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

TDub wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:24 am
TDub wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:12 am and trad said i was using duterte example for dramatic effect.
you were
unfortunately, yes

we can disagree...it’s fine. i stand by my assertion the the US is nothing like the Philippines and that Duterte is an authoritarian dictator

people can throw around all sorts of ideas on message boards, and they do. that doesn’t mean that any of them will come to pass, and it certainly doesn’t mean that any of them will be forced upon us by strong-arm tough guy tactics

i still think the comparison was overly dramatic...but like i said, it’s ok that we disagree
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:47 am
TDub wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:24 am

you were
unfortunately, yes

we can disagree...it’s fine. i stand by my assertion the the US is nothing like the Philippines and that Duterte is an authoritarian dictator

people can throw around all sorts of ideas on message boards, and they do. that doesn’t mean that any of them will come to pass, and it certainly doesn’t mean that any of them will be forced upon us by strong-arm tough guy tactics

i still think the comparison was overly dramatic...but like i said, it’s ok that we disagree
My point was that people here would welcome his draconian measures with open arms. That wasnt a dramatic statement. Weve got CnB now being ok with denying medical care to people based on their beliefs and decisions.

Ill stop pointing it out when people stop being ridiculous. Its amazing...people want an authoritarian dictator as long as it aligns with their personal beliefs .. . That was evident during the last 4 years of trump with his nutsos and is continuing to be proven as our nation further divides. Its frightening really.
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:12 pm Weve got CnB now being ok with denying medical care to people based on their beliefs and decisions.
That's not what I said.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:32 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:12 pm Weve got CnB now being ok with denying medical care to people based on their beliefs and decisions.
That's not what I said.
Pretty close to it
Just Ledoux it
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I'll say it. Governor Parson said, "I want you to get vaccinated, but I won't mandate it. I expect our citizens to exercise personal responsibility."

An unvaccinated person person presents at Cox Medical Center in Springfield with the Delta variant of Covid-19. The hospital has limited resources. He wants a ventilator. I have no problem with someone telling him, "I'm sorry, but a child needs that ventilator. You are too late. I will give you morphine and all the palliative care you request, but no ventilator."

Part of exercising "personal responsibility" is accepting the consequences for your decisions.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Leawood wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:00 pm I'll say it. Governor Parson said, "I want you to get vaccinated, but I won't mandate it. I expect our citizens to exercise personal responsibility."

An unvaccinated person person presents at Cox Medical Center in Springfield with the Delta variant of Covid-19. The hospital has limited resources. He wants a ventilator. I have no problem with someone telling him, "I'm sorry, but a child needs that ventilator. You are too late. I will give you morphine and all the palliative care you request, but no ventilator."

Part of exercising "personal responsibility" is accepting the consequences for your decisions.
Yeah, I said something a little closer to this. Prioritizing.

And, fully understanding that is not how it works.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I wonder what % of the "I'm vaxxed, I'm just defending the anti-vax option" crowd are lying about their vaccination status?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:55 pm
I wonder what % of the "I'm vaxxed, I'm just defending the anti-vax option" crowd are lying about their vaccination status?
Buncha A-holes.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

why would any person lie about their vaxx status.

most of the liars i know are vaxxed liberals pimping for the propaganda machine. like almost every contributor to this basketball sports message board. like you.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

lol
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

what am I lying about?

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

MICH knowing a bunch of vaxxed liberals is one of the more unbelievable lies he's made.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I'm not even a liberal.